What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Crusaders Street Life / 2016 MCA / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5805

10 Likes

Fancied a change - some great stuff on here !

3 Likes

Avishai Cohen | Big Vicious | 2020
One of last year’s best albums sounding wonderful.

8 Likes

Original UK vinyl, bought back in November 1978, the day it came out! :grimacing:

7 Likes

Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out
CD|1997

Listening to the 2014 remaster.

Definitely in the top 10 of most beautiful improvised music ever.

6 Likes

A thread popped up on facebook on Geoff Whitehorn……not much on Qobuz so going with this. Enjoying so far

2 Likes

Now playing…

Eurythmics - Peace

Annie Lennox (Vocals), Dave Catlin-Birch (Bass), Peter Lewinson (Drums), Steve Lewinson (Drums), Chucho Merchán (Bass), Pro Arte Orchestra (Orchestra), Chris Sharrock (Drums), Dave Stewart (Guitar), David Whitaker (Strings Orchestrator) and Andy Wright (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… after completing today’s exercise routine I am kicking off the day with the Eurythmics and Annie and the band/orchestra are sounding sublime! A lovely album to ease into the day…

6 Likes

Jeff Buckley - Grace, I’ve not played this in a while.

15 Likes

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin
Rolling Stones - Tattoo You
Groundhogs - Solid

All vinyl.

6 Likes

1st run

1 Like

Junior Kimbrough - Most Things Haven’t Worked Out
CD|1997

8 Likes

Ending the musical day as it began, with some live Zep:

12 Likes

1st run

18 Likes

9 Likes

Now playing…

Nils Petter Molvær - Stitches

Nils Petter Molvær (Trumpet), Erland Dahlen (Drums), Jo Berger Myhre (Bass) and Johan Lindstrøm (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with ‘Stitches’ which was released August 26th and Nils and the quartet are sounding mighty sweet! This is the second spin of the album and I do throughly enjoy Nils music…

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Hub Tones

On the iPad via Qobuz very quietly while in a meeting. No one is complaining and the meeting is very amicable as opposed to it’s usual adversarial ways. Hmm!

11 Likes

Tommy Bolin - Teaser (Delux) -Streamed Qobuz

It’s basically the whole album remixed. Sound quality is top notch. :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Bill Wyman, his eponymous lp from '82 is fairly innocuous although it does include " ( Si Si ) Je Suis Un Rock Star" and features nice guitar work from Terry Taylor and Chris Rea throughout.

2 Likes

MIssissippi Fred McDowell - Mississippi Fred McDowell
CD|1995

Blues. Compilation from Rounder Records. Per the liner notes, all 20 songs were recorded one day in 1962.

6 Likes