What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

26 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Quiet Inlet

Iain Ballamy (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics) and Thomas Strønen (Drums, Live Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with some more from Nils Petter Molvaer with Food’s “Quiet Inlet” and the quartet is sounding sublime! Enjoy this album quite a bit…

3 Likes

Pink Floyd obscured by clouds

Love this period so much… (70/73)

19 Likes

Mario Biondi - Beyond (special edition)

2 Likes

Really enjoying this too. Perhaps not up to Khmer - but then what is?

Saw him many years back late afternoon in the theatre at Brecon jazz Fest perform a piece with a mate on iPad doing electronica and another providing the visuals. Suppose you have to do something during those long dark scandi winter nights! Riveting at times but a bit somnulent at others. Lady BC did fall asleep at one point mostly down to several glasses of mid afternoon Chablis - looking around she was not alone. Coming out of that dark night of the soul into a bright sunny evening was quite a contrast.

1 Like

On vinyl… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

First time I’ve heard Porcupine was Time Flies…
As a Pink Floyd fan , you can imagine my first reaction….
:joy::sunglasses::wink:

1 Like

James Taylor - Greatest Hits, excellent sq on an early cd.

13 Likes

Airbag (part 2) Overcooked Summer.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… went out for a jog and some stair climbing and after returning home and cleaning up I wanted to keep with Nils and chose an album from Sidsel with this fantastic and talented of quartet. Sidsel voice along with supporting musicians, Nils, Django and Jon, create some very sweet music! One fine album…

Paul Kelly and the Coloured Girls Under The Sun

4 Likes

Alex Lloyd Watching Angels Mend

2 Likes

Richard Clapton Goodbye Tiger

2 Likes

CD - A&M 1992 : )

<<>>

Happy Birthday Glenn Tilbrook! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 31st August 1957 in Woolwich, London :uk:

64 years old Today! :cool: :smile_cat:

14 Likes

Cold Chisel’s excellent East album.

1 Like

The Go Betweens Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express

4 Likes

Airbag: Identify. Some nice mellow rock whilst hankering down for the storm with lamb ribs in the slow cooker. Might crack a red.

11 Likes

Stephen Cummings New Kind of Blue

To start the day…

Mary Black - 1989 No Frontiers

14 Likes

Billie Eilish Happy Than Ever

8 Likes