What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

If you like Floyd have a listen to Airbag - Norwegian prog rock band

Identity and All Rights Removed are both excellent. Three others to my knowledge

8 Likes

Prince - Musicology, not top notch, but still pretty good.

4 Likes

John Hiatt (with The Jerry Douglas Band) - “Leftover Feelings” (2021)

10 Likes

I’d second that in fact among the finest recorded would do as well.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a grey day today but The Rails are brightening things up! Fine song craftsmanship from Walbourne & Thompson.

1 Like

John Mellencamp - “The Good Samaritan Tour 2000” (2021)

6 Likes

All this talk of The Royal Scam has prompted me to get out this hot-cut early US vinyl press, which is fast and aggressive, just the way I like it…

19 Likes

Ludovico Einaudi - 2021 Cinema

1 Like

I bought this months ago, forgot that I had it. Time to give it a listen now. Hopefully it’'s better than the dreadful Etta James one!

7 Likes

Based on the number of times I have played it, this will definitely be on my ‘albums of the year’ list. Brilliant album

5 Likes

18 Likes

I will. Thanks for the suggestion.
Feedback later… :wink:

1 Like

Upsetter 14 Dub Blackboard Jungle

Originally released 1973 in JA only on a couple of hundred pressings.
Subsequently numerously and unofficially re issued with a completely different track listing as Blackboard Jungle Dub.
2004 Auralux officially licenced the album in its correct original form from LSP albeit with a different sleeve on double vinyl.

Some claim this to be the first ever Dub album proper but that’s very contentious, this is though more or less where Scratch started his excursion into the Dub Cosmos and beyond at his newly built Black Ark studio.

A brilliant early classic of the genre illustrating the emerging idiosyncratic genius of Lee Lee Scratch Perry

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Osibisa - Osibisa

CD from 1993/2003.

12 Likes

Having just listened to a repeat of his sublime Proms debut on R3 this afternoon I had to go back to this

13 Likes

Guitar Speak, an instrumental album on Miles Copeland’s I.R.S. label, featuring twelve well known guitarists performing a tune exclusive to this release. They range from Alvin Lee, Leslie West, Phil Manzanera to good old Hank B.

2 Likes

Chatham County Line - Sharing The Covers
CD|2019

Local bluegrass band (Raleigh, NC). Album of covers, including John Lennon’s ‘Watching The Wheels’, so a nice variety.

2 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

5 Likes

A Live Kristina Train album

2 Likes