What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision
CD|2020

11 Likes

Again. Thank you for the suggestion.
My perspective on the identity album:
I can see some influences essentially of David Gilmour.( not pF prime) it’s a more a mix of Division Bell and On an Island.

nice but it didn’t snatch me
Probably it’s a question of mood.

1 Like

Delaney & Bonnie And Friends - D & B Together.

12 Likes

1st run, sometimes a Pink Floydish type of feel to passages

1 Like

Great soundtrack, particularly this jazzy cut with fab bass.

1 Like

Brilliant voice and recordings. Back to his simple, earlier best IMO.

1 Like

Great set of artists

2 Likes

A joy to listen to.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black

Ray LaMontagne (Fender Rhodes, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Horn Arrangements, Spanish Guitar, Vocals), Peck Allmond (Euphonium, Flute, Mellophonium, Trumpet), Christopher Cardona (Violin), Vincent Chancey (French Horn|), David Gold (Viola, Violin|), Ethan Johns (Bass, Acoustic Bass, Dobro, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Horn Arrangements, Hammond organ, Percussion, Piano, Reed Organ, String Arrangements, Synthesizer, Ukulele, Vocal Harmony), John Medeski (Electric Piano, Wurlitzer), Lorenza Ponce (Violin), Jane Scarpantoni (Celli, Cello), Jack Schatz (Euphonium), Antoine Silverman (Violin) and Rachael Yamagata (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @patk above reminded me I have not had Ray out for a spin in some time. So kicking off this afternoon with ‘Till The Sun Turns Black’ and Ray and the band is sounding sublime! This is one mighty sweet album…

14 Likes

1972 vinyl. 49 years of listening pleasure

19 Likes

This double album will keep me quiet for a while

The Look Of Love - The Burt Bacharach collection.

12 Likes

I wasn’t too sure about this second release from Rag n Bone Man and felt it wasn’t as good as Human but after a third spin I’ve changed my mind and think it’s as good if not better than the original release.

Rag n Bone Man - Life By Misadventure

10 Likes

Madeleine Peyroux, careless love. Haven’t listened to this for a long time. Thank you @BertBird for mentioning. :relaxed::+1:

14 Likes

Melody Gardot, sunset in the blue. Madeleine really put me in the mood for this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Kicking off a beautiful first day of spring (unfortunately still in lockdown but that’s another story) with Al Stewart’s Time Passages

13 Likes

Mary Chapin Carpenter, stones in the road. :blush:

15 Likes

Aretha Franklin Now

15 Likes

Atlantic R&B Vol 7

8 Likes

Tom Petty Wildflowers

15 Likes

ELO Eldorado

16 Likes