What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Got a rec on here a while ago, thought it great then. It’s even more brilliant now.

15 Likes
10 Likes

I love the loose but tight musicians. Truly telepathic.

Just Finished:

Kate Bush - The Sensual World

Now Playing:

This Is The Kit - Bashed Out

10 Likes

Highwaymen, Highwayman. Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson. This copy is a reissue from from Sundazed released 2016. Originally released by Columbia in 1985.

6 Likes

That’s excellent, I’ll check them out (if available to stream). Looks a good find. Thanks.

I’ve noted a good few reggae suggestions you’ve made, and I often check them out if they’re new to me. Keep them coming.

I’ve got a few excellent reggae and related Soul Jazz comps, looking forward to playing them again, and to upcoming releases to discover.

1 Like

Paul McCartney - Flowers In The Dirt.

10 Likes

Bob Dylan - Another Side Of Bob Dylan

Album N°4 of my Dylan journey this year.

13 Likes

Snap. Just lined that up to follow on from The Wailin Jennies.

makes you wonder why these people bother they are never satisfied with anything always complaining

1 Like

Edna Stern (piano) - Bach: Partitas

9 Likes

The King’s finest, I reckon…

20 Likes

Big Big Train | Make Some Noise | 2013
One of England’s best contemporary prog rock bands, this one classed as an EP despite the fact that it runs to 45 minutes.

5 Likes

Supertramp - Crisis What Crisis

23 Likes

John Eliot Gardiner - Beethoven Missa Solemnis

Unlikely the Choir will be singing this in 2021 either. Reminding myself what it sounds like. It’s a truly moving work.

Phil

14 Likes

Steve Hackett - Under a Mediterranean Sky.

Second listen and some tracks are growing on me, but still not sure.
Acoustic and orchestral, some tracks are a kin to film scores.
Reminds me a lot of John Williams scores.

3 Likes

Where it all began, great album

27 Likes

I usually look up the album on Discogs, Allmusic or the artist website. Then perform a ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ of the album cover image into the post.

1 Like

Indeed, sublime music. I love Karajan’s 1966 recording with Gundula Janowitz’s beautiful Sanctus Benedictus.

1 Like

Been reading and listening to piano trios this arvo so a change of pace with Clear Spot. The Cap’n and his swamp blues rock plus a ballad or two and - blow me - a love song.

On solid Reprise vinyl altho my clear plastic cover is torn and covered in spliff burns!

9 Likes