What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Beyoncé, I am Sasha Fierce. Today is Beyoncé’s birthday so feel like a good day to give this one a spin. :blush:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd, TDSOTM. :blush:

27 Likes

Casiopea Halle / 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL2233

1 Like

Earth Wind & Fire That’s The Way Of the World
2012 Sony / Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20354

11 Likes

The one that Steely Dan really disliked. Recorded in Dolby DBX…….too compressed, and the record company just put it out, rather than let them record it again. They moved labels. Some great songs, but when you listen, but it is compressed compared to albums before and after.

1 Like

I kind of enjoyed it, was talking to a mate of mine today who has it on vinyl and it’s his favourite too. Must be a testament to Naim as we both have Naim gear. :grin:

Don’t get me wrong Pete, Steely Dan failed to make an album that i DID NOT like…….it’s still a great album, but could have been SQ better in their opinion.

1 Like

No problems I just highlighting some times the songs are so good you can get away with a dodgy mix. :+1:

2 Likes

Lissie - Catching A Tiger (Anniversary Edition)

6 Likes

Hi @ewemon
Sorry to impose, where do I find the Coda Collection platform?
Cheers
:heart:

This is the web address of the coda collection https://codacollection.co/. The link they show takes you on to Amazon US.
It is a bit of a faff you have to have an US Amazon account and access to a US email add as well as using a VPN. It is currently up on US Amazon Prime however they have also released it there on DVD which I don’t think they are doing over here, well no word yet. That may mean the DVD may be region coded so you would need to make your DVD player multi region if it isn’t already.

1 Like

Now playing-

7 Likes

Los Lobos - Native Sons

7 Likes

What an album

3 Likes

Little Simz

Incognito No Time Like The Future / 1999 Talkin’ Loud / UK CD / 5389472

2 Likes

BLUE Saturday morning (not that one).

2 Likes

Playing a few tracks off each of the new Steely Dan and Donald Fagen live albums, looking forward to the full releases on the 24th September. Sadly and notably missing is Walter Becker on Northeast Corridor.

13 Likes

Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor

Sampling a couple of tracks in 24bit/96kHz on Qobuz. Tremendous sound!

14 Likes

Steely Dan - Gaucho

Following that with Gaucho. Rather than play my own copy, I thought I’d try the 24bit/96kHz version from Qobuz. This always was a demo quality album, but the 24bit version is something else!

21 Likes