What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yes, it is excellent, and really well recorded.

Steely Dan Gaucho / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93521

19 Likes

Thanks @ewemon I did a search found Codas website but it says Coda is " not available in my region"
We have Prime but were in UK. As you suggest will have to wait for DVD/Blu Ray in the meantime can listen to it on Tidal.
Have a blessed weekend

https://tidal.com/album/195412386
:heart:

Fink - IIUII.

Re-visiting this latest one from Mr. Greenall, a gentle re-working of twelve of his favourite Fink choons.

Could a “covers” album ever be considered to be an artist’s best album?

Sounds unlikely, but this one is up there with his best … hugely recommended by this long time Finkfan.

8 Likes

Lisa Mills, I am changing. Haven’t listened to this for a while. :blush:

9 Likes

Possibly the last decent weekend weather wise so going to chill in the Roots Garden to the backdrop of these two essential Scratch anthologies

I Am The Upsetter - Trojan
Arkology - Island Jamaica

Food for the table, wood for the fire neighbours on high alert.

RIP Lee Scratch Perry

And maybe a couple of…erm…light ales!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. :relaxed:

18 Likes

Roxy Music, flesh & blood. :relaxed:

13 Likes

@DavidRodigan

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry has left us and the world of music has lost one if it’s most enigmatic creators; an amazing, incomparable phenomenon who’s sonic sound waves transformed our lives; the ‘Blackboard Jungle’ album alone stands as a beacon of his genius.

4 Likes

Great voice with lovely tunes.

3 Likes

Tool - 1993 Undertow

Because following a recommendation from a Solstice new owner I am discovering Tool.

3 Likes

Agreed, it’s an amazing album.

1 Like

An often overlooked gem from the prime period Black Ark that brought us Super Ape, War In A Babylon, Police & Thieves etc…

George Faith - To Be A Lover aka Super Eight

Super Eight is the original mix/version of the album with To Be A Lover the slightly different mix given to Island Records (personally I prefer the latter)

Great Soul singing, George Faith has a lovely voice, of Winston Picket, William Bell etc all mutated through Lee Scratch Perry at the helm of the Black Ark.

Highly recommended if I may say so

R-541957-1234660169.jpeg

2 Likes

Paavo Jarvi - Faure Requiem Qobuz 24/44.1

We start practicing this from Tuesday. The Missa Solemnis was aborted March 2020.

Lots of voices need to recover from a long layoff!

This is a superb version.

Phil

7 Likes

Jazzanova - In Between

1 Like

Now playing…

Jon Balke w/ Magnetic North Orchestra- Further

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Jens Petter Antonson (Trumpet), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocals), Morten Halle (Alto Saxophone), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Gertrud Økland (Violin), Trond Villa (Viola), Jonas Franke-Blom (Cello), Anders Jormin (Bass), Marilyn Mazur (Percussion) and Audun Kleive (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening up this Saturday morning with Jon Balke’s ‘Further’ and Jon and this talented & fabulous group of musicians are sounding sublime! The music is full of joy and always brings a smile to my face when I give it a spin! …one very sweet album…

1 Like

2 x LP - Demon Records 2015 : )

The Pretenders
Martin Chambers - drums, backing vocals
Andy Chambers - bass guitar
Chrissie Hynde - rhythm guitar, lead vocals
Adam Seymour - lead guitar, harmonium

Additional personnel
Damon Albarn - piano
Mark “Wiff” Smith - percussion

The Duke Quartet
John Metcalfe - viola
Louisa Fuller - violin
Richard Koster - violin
Ivan McCready - cello

Recorded at Jacob Street Studios, London. May 1995

<<>>

Happy Birthday Martin Chambers! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 4th September 1951 in Hereford, England :uk:

70 years old Today! :grinning: :+1:

14 Likes

Groovy!

5 Likes

Gerry Rafferty | Rest In Blue
Released yesterday this is an album by his musical mates in appreciation of the man, just one track in and enjoying it muchly…

7 Likes

Totally agree Dave, it’s superb.

1 Like