What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nikki Lane, highway queen. It’s been too long. Yippee ki yay! :notes::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Andrew Cyrille - The News

I may be 12 hours late, but I’m joining @BertBird
and @seakayaker with this one.

3 Likes

Steely Dan, two against nature. :blush:

15 Likes

On CD:-

Real Estate - Real Estate

1 Like

The Oscar Peterson Trio We Get Requests / 2005 Verve / EU CD / 0602498840429

11 Likes

Dvorák, sym no.9, new world symphony by Herbert von Karajan. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Keith Richards - Blues

11 Likes

Eddie 9V - Little Black Flies
Thanks to @ewemon for the recommendation

4 Likes

Trevor Pinnock, harpsichord. J.S.Bach, the well tempered clavier, book 1. Didn’t plan tonight to be a classical night but nicely turning into one. :relaxed:

5 Likes

The House of Love album aka Fontana or Butterfly

Solid gold each track is a classic.

7 Likes

14 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Rest In Blue

10 Likes

Enjoyed the sample tracks earlier in the year and now the full album is up on qobuz so giving it a spin.

1 Like

Danae Macabre, Montreal symphony orchestra, Kent Nagano. Love his work! :blush:

2 Likes

Gorillaz - Demon Days.

There I was, a few minutes ago, Chez Dave, working on my laptop, whilst music plays throughout the house from the music room at the rear of the house, and BLIMEY! what’s going on?

This album has never sounded this good before, and all work has stopped temporarily for a listen.

Now whether it’s my recent tweaks in the shape of a Bonn 8 switch, or the addition of those Gaia isolating feet thingys under the speakers, or I’m just in a receptive frame of mind today, I don’t know … but it’s only rock ‘n’ roll, and I like it … a lot!

Work can wait till tomorrow.

12 Likes

A bit of heartland rock on this 2001 and 17th release from a master of the genre

Cuttin Heads - John Mellencamp

4 Likes

2 x LP - Legacy / Analogue Productions 2015 reissue : )

Recordings from 1987 - 1992
Album released 7th September 1992

<<>>

Happy Birthday Roger! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born 6th September 1943 in Great Bookham, Surrey, England :uk:

78 years old Today :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

19 Likes

George Harrison -All Things Must Pass 50th, playing the session outtakes and jams disc.

4 Likes

There was a dead ringer for Rog in the row ahead of me on day 2 of the Headingley Test last week.

2 Likes

Afternoon mate, I dare not watch todays play unfold, I checked at 1.10 and I’ll do so again around 3.45, it can go either way, but we have been here before, haven’t we :slightly_smiling_face: