What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire

Continuing my Mahavishnu afternoon with one of the originals, their second album.

16 Likes

Literally just played this myself. Superb!

2 Likes

Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

The volume is up after a shift.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Clique

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Patrick Mulcahy (Bass), Jon Deitemyer (Drums), Neal Alger (Acoustic Guitar) and Jim Gailloreto (Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (176/24)… continuing on through the noon hour and finally getting around to taking Patricia’s latest album release from August 5t, out for a spin. …and as usual Patricia and this talented quintet is sounding sublime! I love Patricia’s music…

7 Likes

Haven’t listened to anything by Mystery for a while. This Canadian outfit has become one of my favourite prog rock artists.

5 Likes

1st run

3 Likes

Now playing…

Andrew Cyrille (Drums), Bill Frisell (Guitar), David Virelles (Piano, Syntzesizer) and Ben Street (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… the mention above from @BertBird had me place in the queue for a spin. …and Andrew and this fabulous quartet are sounding sublime on the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

5 Likes

New artist for me. Great stuff and very Prince influenced sound.

2 Likes

Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder - Taalking Timbuktu.

17 Likes

Donald Fagan, nightfly. :blush:

24 Likes

Saint Privat, superflu. Fun. :relaxed:

Andreas Vollenweider Book Of Roses / 2006 Content / Germany CD / 0166712CTT

3 Likes

Goldfrapp, silver eye. :blush:

11 Likes

Nice album, HH. But why is he standing on that cat?

Perhaps a bit overlooked band?

.sjb

9 Likes

Now playing…

Michel Benita - Looking At Sounds

Michel Benita (Double Bass, Laptop), Matthieu Michel (Fluegelhorn), Jozef Dumoulin (Fender Rhodes, Electronics) and Philippe Garcia (Drums, Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… returning from a long afternoon walk with my wife down to Lake Union and back home and turning to Michel’s sweet album from Septerber of 2020 and he and the quartet are sounding sublime!

3 Likes

Just in case you’re not aware he’s Andy Kershaw’s guest in this podcast.

.sjb

Patricia Barber, a distortion of love. I am after her signature song My Girl which is the second last track in the album (track 9). This album is proving to be interesting. :relaxed:

Thanks @seakayaker for mentioning her.

9 Likes

Yes a fantastic album with a fantastic group of musicians with her in the quartet. "Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Adam Nussbaum (drums), Marc Johnson (bass) and Wolfgang Muthspiel (guitar).

2 Likes

Acoustic Mania Talking Hands / 1997 naim / Austria CD / naimcd020

Starting the week with this excellent CD by Antonio Forcione and Neil Stacey.

10 Likes