What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Sleep well :+1:

1 Like

You’re my best mate :sunglasses: Goodnight.

1 Like

Jerry Goldsmith & Joel Goldsmith

Star Trek: First Contact Limited Edition

Edward

6 Likes

10 Likes

One of the great trio albums…

11 Likes

Sounding good.

14 Likes

Bandana - Madlib and Freddie Gibbs

One of the very best hip hop albums of the last couple of years.

1 Like

Now playing…

Ólafur Arnalds - Some Kind of Peace

Ólafur Arnalds (Electronics, Piano), Sandrayati Faye (Voices), Herlinda Agustin Fernandez (Vocals), Sigrún Harðardóttir (Violin), JFDR (Vocals), Unnur Jónsdóttir (Cello), Josin (Vocals), Björk Oskarsdottir (Violin), Karl Pestka (Viola) and Josh Wilkinson (Beat Programming).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Ólafur and this very fine and talented group of musicians with this 2020 album release and they are sounding sublime! Very mellow and enjoyable, one very fine album…

4 Likes

Wes Montgomery - California Dreaming.

12 Likes

Dinner finished. Glass of Nikka Red in hand & this. Bliss.

15 Likes

Charles Lloyd - Forest Flower
Lloyd Cole - Don’t get weird on me Babe
Nirvana Unplugged

All vinyl

5 Likes

I find it hard to keep track of 10” EPs, especially multi-artist ones. Never know where to file them.

Just found this next to some Hawkwind albums(!).

What a collection of live recordings - The Fall, JCClarke, Warsaw/Joy Division, The Drones, Steel Pulse.

Bought during an early iteration of my mild addiction to all things The Fall.

2 Likes

Starting off a very hot Sunday morning with a local Fanny Lumsden’s Fallow. Fanny just won 5 Golden Guitars (Aus country awards) which is quite extraordinary.

Definitely worth a listen.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Glass Animals Dreamland

4 Likes

I played this lots during the summer. Like the exquisite modern production, and a brief Denzel Curry appearance on one track!

1 Like

The RSD reissue from ten or so years ago. Mono & Stereo versions. Tonight it’s the mono.

8 Likes

I’ve only just stumbled on it. It was named best album of 2020 on JJJ. I’ll be playing it again.

Now playing…

Trygve Seim - Rumi Songs

Trygve Seim (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Tora Augestad (Vocal), Frode Haltli (Accordion) and Svante Henryson (Violoncello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… Just returning from a very long walk on a lovely Saturday afternoon and going with a little mix of poetry and music. I have not given this a spin for awhile and it does need to get out for a spin more often, Trygve sets the music based on the poetry of Jalaluddin Rumi using the English-language versions from Coleman Barks and Kabir Helminski. An album that would not be everyone’s cup of tea but I completely enjoy!

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Trygve Seim - Helsinki Songs

Trygve Seim (Tenor and Soprano Saxophone), Kristjan Randalu (Piano), Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass), and Markku Ounaskari (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this evening with another of Trygve’s albums, this time ‘Helsinki Songs’ and it also has been a while since I have taken it out for a spin. This is one fantastic quartet and they are sounding might fine! One very sweet album…

5 Likes