What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

A relaxing type of jazz album…

6 Likes

Wakeman. CD.

8 Likes

Posted earlier…a new…but old artist, i dug this one up on Qobuz

3 Likes

Consigned to the study so Tidal streaming and came upon this slice of roots reggae from the mighty Horace Augustus Pablo from 1977. An absolute joy. Looks like it could be being reissued. Who’d of thought the Melodica could be cool.

8 Likes

Triumvirat, Old Loves Die Hard. Original German pressing LP.

Staying in the 70’s with this progressive rock album.

Amazing what prog rock bands were allowed to do back then… There’s a song in 3 movements, anther that goes for 10:31 minutes… Instrumentation is also quite elaborate: Jürgen Fritz plays a Steinway grand piano, electric piano, Hammond Organ, Wurlitzer organ, Moog and mellotron synthetizers, and 12-string guitar in addition to making the string arrangements and leading the orchestra…

Triumvirat Old Loves

Claude

2 Likes

Now playing…

Mica Paris - Whisper A Prayer

Mica Paris (Vocals), Alex Acuña (Drums), Nadirah Ali (Vocals), Maxton G. Beesley, Jr. (Drums, Percussion), Kitty Beethoven (Vocals, Louis Biancaniello (Keyboards), Vernon “Ice” Black (Guitar, Vocals), Nicole Bradin (Vocals), David Campbell (Conductor, String Arrangements), Jennifer Caryn (Vocals), Angela Doop (Vocals), Howard Francis (Keyboards), Phil Galdston (Piano), Siedah Garrett (Vocals), Nikita Germaine (Vocals), Sandy Griffith (Vocals), Camille Henry (Vocals), Randy Hope-Taylor (Bass), Paul Jackson, Jr. (Guitar), Jakko M. Jakszyk (Electric Guitar), Skyler Jett (Vocals), Paul Johnson (Vocals), Laurie “Flame” Jones (Vocals), Tony Lindsay (Vocals), Mike Mani (Keyboards,), Frank Martin (Conductor, Keyboards, String Arrangements), J.D. Nicholas (Vocals), James Dean (J.D.) Nicholas (Vocals ), Sid Page (Violin), Debra Parson (Vocals), Claytoven Richardson (Vocals), John “J.R.” Robinson (Drums), Monty Seward (Keyboards, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Strings), John Andrew Shreiner (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards), Neil Stubenhaus (Bass), Narada Michael Walden (Bass, Keyboards, Percussion), Larry Williams (Electric Guitar) and Steve Williamson (Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a recent mention on of Mica had me place one of her albums in the queue and now taking out for an afternoon spin and she is sounding quite lovely and looking forward to the rest of the album!

3 Likes

Continuing with the smooth journey

2 Likes

folder
Discovered a track on a youtube the rest of the CD is well worth a listen.

3 Likes

Thor & Friends.

A mesmerising marimba fest, amongst all the other strands.

1 Like

I’ll try it on Qobuz. The one I bought matched the music score and the conductor was using it as well. It’s one of the most demanding works around for amateur choirs, but very rewarding. I can’t sight read so I needed it!

Phil

1 Like

Tangerine dream sorcerer images.jpeg-1great film and album

6 Likes

Don Nix’s Hobos, Heroes and Street Corner Clowns.

Jeff Beck must have liked this album as he recorded two songs Black Cat Moan and the classic Sweet Sweet Surrender on the Beck Bogart Appice album.

Recorded partly at Apple Studios in London.

4 Likes

Ha ha was searching Qobuz with “donald” not Don Nix👍

1 Like

You took the words right out of my mouth. Brilliant

1 Like

Now playing…

IMG_0652

Olafur Arnalds - Island Songs.

Ólafur Arnalds (Piano, Synthesizer), Dagný Arnalds (Harmonium),
Victor Orri Árnason (Violin), Bjarni Frímann Bjarnason (Violin), South Iceland Chamber Choir (Choir/Chorus), Einar Georg Einarsson (Poetry), Solveig Vaka Eyþorsdottir (Violin), Emil Friofinsson (French Horn), Ása Guðjónsdóttir (Violin), Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir ( Vocals), Laufey Jensdóttir (Violin), Hallgrímur Jónas Jensson (Cello), þorkell Jóelsson (French Horn), Unnur Jónsdóttir (Cello), Atli Örvarsson (Conductor), Karl Pestka (Viola), Ásta Kristín Pjetursdóttir (Viola) and Bergur Þórisson (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continued on this afternoon with this beautiful album from Olafur and this very talented group of musicians and the music is sublime! One very lovely album…

3 Likes

Wendy Carlos. Clockwork orange. I’m not a stranger to ultra violence on a Saturday night but ironically this recently acquired album is quite mellowing. With the help of a smooth malt.

12 Likes

Memories of the Bigg Market, Graham? :smile:

1 Like

Alan that’s brilliant. I refrained from the temptation of mentioning that particular place. I’m off to bed with a smile on my face. Thanks.

1 Like

The James Hunter Six - Minute By Minute, guitar and horns abound on this British soul man’s offering from '13.

7 Likes