What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I keep coming back to this every few days.

11 Likes

Disc Two of this four-CD set, and the second half of the 16th May 1990 Tokyo gig…

9 Likes

Sir David Willcocks - Haydn The Creation

“The heavens are telling the wonders of his work…”

We sang this November 2019 and it was a wonderful experience. I can’t imagine us reaching anything like the standard of this performance. I am reminded that it was harder then to follow the choir parts than it is now. One can appreciate this wonderful joyful work without but it is so nice to feel immersed in it orchestra as well.

Phil

10 Likes

We once went to a lunchtime set by Don Weller at the Gun Tavern in Croydon, with this quartet I think. This album always reminds me of that, and as it’s nearly lunchtime… Straight jazz, wonderfully played.

1 Like

Mike Batt and Friends Tarot Suite

4 Likes

Gary Burton & Friends - Departure / 1997 Concord / US CD / CCD47492

Vibraphone Gary Burton
Bass John Patitucci
Drums Peter Erskine
Piano Fred Hersch
Guitar John Scofield

2 Likes

Neil Diamond 80 today

6 Likes

Excuisite playing

9 Likes

Saw Uriah Heep at that time, Birmingham town hall. Had a huge poster of the album sleeve image on my teenage bedroom wall, among many other posters. Girls , cars etc.

2 Likes

Saw many a good concert at Birmingham town hall early 70s. Great venue.

1 Like

Suzanne Vega - 99.9f

14 Likes

10 Likes

Wings - Wildlife.

10 Likes

Talking Heads - 77

25 Likes

First listen via qobuz, corvids aplenty, looking to see what vinyl versions are available.

2 Likes

Soen, Imperial.
This is due for release on the 29th January. However, Tidal have it now, so I am indulging now. Only a few tracks in and it has the Soen sound and feels very new. I like it a lot so far.

Edit, Tidal have 3 tracks.

1 Like

Out of the mini hillock of Bob live recordings I’ve got, this is right up there. A perfect combo of: 70’s Bob riding the wave of his second (third?) mightily creative surge, the choice of songs on the set-list but most of all the arrangements and his voice which not only breathe new life into these tunes but often practically re-invent them.

I’m not a big fan of using the criteria that a live version must recreate the studio incarnation. What’s the point? That’s what the studio version is for.
Naturally, there’s a debate to be had about how far the live version can veer from the original and still retain its integrity/appeal.

But here, for me, Bob and band are on sublime and mysterious form.

16 Likes

Ah, it’s out now then. Added to buy it list. Cheers. Great music for gaming!

The Very Best Of Mick Jagger, listening to this as it has a few exclusive tracks. One of these is a track with The Red Devils, an album’s worth would have been decent.

5 Likes

Well worth a listen.

3 Likes