What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

Does anyone understand why it’s called Felt Mountain? Perhaps the mice know! I guess the point is you are not supposed to work anything out as it’s all rather dark and beguiling. So I turn to this

Goldfrapp - Tales of Us

Phil

13 Likes

2 Likes
10 Likes

Always loved Björk, and Debut has been a particular love of mine forever.

£8.49 eh!

21 Likes

Copenhagen
January/June 2019
CD on Naxos

6 Likes

12 Likes

Prompted by @CrystalGipsy playing the current This Is The Kit album, this is Kate Stables previous album. Just as good

4 Likes

On CD, more classic Tangs:

11 Likes

Ornette Coleman Chappaqua Suite while my lovely wife is busy in another room ( she’s not a fan of most jazz: Ornette is another galaxy as far as she’s concerned, lol)

Fantastic music, really swings and very accessible - the sleeve notes suggest otherwise, but I think it rocks!

7 Likes

Late start to the day, easing in with this piano and bass album.

11 Likes

Local Northampton artist I worked with at HMV.

Self-produced and recorded in a bedroom (thanks to lockdown.)

Available to stream on Qobuz or better still buy for £0.99. along with some previous singles.

Help a local artist in times of lockdown need!

Not sure TBH, he’s very accurate i find. He wanted re-issues of stuff he likes and found them poor. Ive heard mixed reviews of the AR half speed.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 17.20.13

Curved Air. Air conditioning.
Alphabetically chosen music motivation for the iPod

10 Likes

The very first mainstream picture disc if I remember right.

A swiss army knife of a voice and talent IMO

Thoroughly enjoyed this - thanks

1 Like

Thanks to AlanP thought I would listen to another album from these guys.

3 Likes

Brilliant album, which I’m not sure I’ve hear before I. It’s entirety. Well worth a listen if you are not familiar. Much lighter and soulful than I had anticipated.

22 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it, I also have The Hard Way, which is recommendable too. I came across him when he was part of Van Morrison’s touring band.

2 Likes