What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

cover

5 Likes

Hiroshi Suzuki - Cat, We Release Jazz (2021)
One of the best records I’ve heard in a long time especially Side 2. Originally released during the mid 70’s in Japan and now remastered and reissued by We Release who have done an excellent job.

6 Likes

Earth wind & fire. Raise! :notes::relaxed:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Stacey Kent w/Art Hirahara - Songs From Other Places

Stacey Kent (Vocals) and Art Hirahara (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz ( )… a mention from @IvdZ in the “Jazz Music Thread” had me place this in the queue and now taking out for a spin. From the review on the Proper Music web site: “Accompanied on piano by Art Hirahara, ‘Songs From Other Places’ includes interpretations of songs by Stevie Nicks (Landslide), Paul Simon (American Tune), Lennon & McCartney (Blackbird), Gershwin, Weil, Jobim as well as two new songs written with Nobel Prize winning author Kazuo Ishiguro.” Opening track sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album…

11 Likes

Dedicated to my Mum Mary who we buried last week she was just 70 and died after catching the COVID 19 virus in late August. Sympathy for the Devil was playing as we entered her memorial service and Rod Stewart at the end. Rest in Peace Mum x

Both my Mother and Father contracted the virus after they had both been double vaccinated earlier in the year which I’m convinced saved my Dad as did the Medical Staff at the wonderful Worthing Hospital but unfortunately Mum had Arthritis in her Lungs and so even with the help of the vaccine was unable to fight it.

I am sharing this not only in her memory but also to say please have your jabs and your boosters if available to you because they can really mean the difference between Life and Death.

31 Likes

Led Zeppelin, IV. :sunglasses::notes:

23 Likes

Sorry for the very sad news. Condolences. Please take care. Thoughts and prayers with you, your dad and family.

3 Likes

I had Rod Stewart for my Mum last June.
Wishing you well.

4 Likes

Bob, it must have been a wonderful service and really enjoyed the selection of music played. My condolences to you and your family as you mourn her passing.

About to turn 70 myself and have received my two jabs and look forward to the booster. Thanks for taking the time to share your family’s experience.

5 Likes

All my sympathies Bob. I hope great music will help you through the pain, thanks for the message, it’s an important one.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Bobthebuilder, take care.

1 Like

BB King Take it Home

16 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ Oklahoma

17 Likes

Phil Collins Hello, I Must be Going

13 Likes

Eric Bibb Dear America

11 Likes

Steely Dan Aja / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93520

Sharing the things we know and love
With those of my kind

25 Likes

Words are not enough Bob, my cousin died before he could get the jab…….i understand your sentiments, take care ofyourself too🙏

2 Likes

21 Likes

Please accept my Condolences Bob. It sounds like the funeral was a great celebration of her life. Take peace in the knowing that she’ll always be with you.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss Bob.

RIP Mary.

2 Likes