What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Sonny Clark Cool Struttin’ / 1999 Blue Note / US CD / RVG Edition / 724349532724

15 Likes

My thoughts exactly…Just spun up the stream also for the first time, its pleasant enough but nothing stands out so far.

Condolences to you, family and friends.

This selection of music shows you are a very special family, congratulations.

Thank you for sharing your experience and help other people to make the right thing and get protected.

1 Like

Very sad news and an important message for us all. My condolences Bob. Losing a parent is a milestone in life. You never stop missing them.

Andy

1 Like

1967 Italian pressing, this copy could be quite good, pressing is not that bad for that era, but condition is hard to grade… Good+ I am tempted to say… Anyway, sound is better than my CD reissue…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear your news Bob.

1 Like

Playing Rod Stewart in memory of @Bobthebuilder’s Mum Mary.

8 Likes

I also found this while rummaging through the latest Qobuz releases. Not an artist I know but I like this very much. Ideal music for a sunny autumnal morning. A light slightly breathy voice accompanied by piano only. As you say some good covers. the recording at 192/24 is absolutely top drawer and has a real artist in your front room feel. Very nice!

9 Likes

I agree with you @Gazza. Pleasant enough but that’s about it…

1 Like

Who LOUD, Who Loud, Loud Who!!! House to myself this morning.

13 Likes

Sorry for your loss Bob.

1 Like

Refamiliarising myself after just buying tickets to see him in october.

1 Like

The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th, listening to the new mix.

5 Likes

Haven’t played this for a while!

11 Likes

Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix

For Prip.

16 Likes

Pat Metheny Side Eye NYC V1.1V / 2021 Modern / Germany CD / 538693922

Getting better acquainted with the new PM release.

6 Likes

The Felice Brothers | From Dreams to Dust | (Yep Roc)

It has been a long and winding road for this upstate New York-based ensemble since its 2007 inception. Once a loose, raw, and dusky group somewhat modeled on The Band, The Felice Brothers have morphed over the years, and eight previous albums, into an edgy, and lyrically inspired outfit.

5 Likes

Rumer, Nashville Tears. Live at Lafayette is not available on tidal or Qobuz. So settling with this for the time being. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Actually many tracks are really sad and moving, like Oklahoma Stray. :pleading_face:

Nashville Tears

Live at Lafayette

7 Likes

5 Likes

My condolences, Bob. Thoughts are with you and the family at this sad time.

1 Like