What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Haha! Yes! Not played it in a while, thanks for the reminder will dig it out for a spin
:+1:

1 Like

A great band who never quite had the success in the UK that they did in the States - apart from THAT single of course!

4 Likes

Azymuth Cascades + Rapid Transit / 2001 Milestone / US CD / MCD4708802

2 Likes

New studio album from the current Howe, Downes and White incarnation of the prog leviathan. New boy Jon Davison doing a fair impression of Jon Anderson on vocals.

As Abe Lincoln said: “People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like”.

7 Likes

David Bowie - Changes Now Bowie. CD rip. Fabulous stripped back live session for Bowie’s 50th. The Dame on fine form.

14 Likes

Dana Gillespie - Deep Pockets

2 Likes

Prompted by, and thanks to @AlanP for the reminder
A quartet of bloozy records mostly with a loose Jam session vibe to occupy my afternoon

The London Howlin Wolf Sessions (Pure Pleasure/Chess)

Moanin In The Moonlight --Howlin Wolf ( Marble Arch Mono 1966, this was a budget label sold in places like Woolworths iirc, sounds great! Pity about the pen scribble cant remember how that got there!)

Blues Jam At Chess (Pure Pleasure/Blue Horizon)

Hooker n Heat (Pure Pleasure)

Avin a wang dang doodle this afternoon :grin:
:heart:

14 Likes

Talking Heads - Fear of Music. CD rip.

15 Likes

Altered Five Blues Band - Holler If You Hear Me

7 Likes

Gwenifer Raymond - Strange Lights Over Garth Mountain. CD rip. Virtuoso acoustic guitar work, for anyone who’s picked up a guitar and ‘had a go or two’, listen to this - breathtaking!

6 Likes

On CD:-

Alabama 3 - Revolver Soul

9 Likes

Various Artists - The Wanderer A Tribute to Jackie Leven - WAV CD rip
Classy 2 CD set with fine (mainly) folk-rock fans of the late great singer-songwriter covering his tracks. It’s a lovely set and a fitting tribute, I suspect it’ll not get many plays as I’ll probably head to his solo albums and the great Doll by Doll albums.

6 Likes

Grateful Dead ‘Europe ‘72’.

G

7 Likes

Hi @skillick disc content wise no, just a bit rarer! Hoping and waiting for a super deluxe version of this CD to appear in the very near future.

Oh, I love the much-missed Jackie. Fortunately, he was massively productive in his post-Doll By Doll years, and there is so much to discover and enjoy.

4 Likes

Still has a great voice after 50 years in the business!

5 Likes

Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor’s Guide To Earth. CD rip. A fine Country / Americana album and a lovely cover illustration too. Great sounding LP as well.

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin, III. :sunglasses:

19 Likes

King of the Boo’s!

G

12 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :blush:

8 Likes