What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Goldfrapp, number 1. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Airbag Disconnected - Giving this a first play, what an excellent band!

6 Likes

Was looking for Jakob Bro - Time on Qobuz but couldn’t see it so decided on this instead

Jakob Bro - Gefion

3 Likes

Bonnie Prince Billy ‘Master and Everyone’.

Sublime music and an aural treat recording wise. The full package.

G

6 Likes

5 Likes

I always found this recording a bit ‘muddy’. The ND555/552 totally transforms that impression. Clear, layered, detailed and abundantly musical.

Wow.

G

17 Likes

Michael McDonald The Voice of / 2000 Warner / Germany CD / 8122735302

8 Likes

It must be well over 5 years since I last took this CD from the rack, let alone listened to all 81 minutes as I did today. During that time my system has evolved beyond recognition and it certainly sounded great!

29 Likes

Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton - Katanga. Tone Poet vinyl.

Really enjoying this.

2 Likes

‘Meaty’ drums & bass recording. Nice.

G

19 Likes

I have been spending the afternoon with the beautiful Impulse! box set of earlier this year.

14 Likes

Hi @GraemeH, do you know why the artist is presenting as “unknown” for you today?

B B King - Milestones of a Blues Legend.

'Ere, listen up, you lot … arriving tomorrow from The River … 10 albums for 14 squid … that’s £1.40 per album!!!

Get it bought, now!

15 Likes

1 Like

When I had an HDX all my files were WAV. The move to an NDX required the files to be transposed to work with the NDX. The HDX did this automatically over a couple of days, leaving me with both FLAC & WAV files on my NAS. Unfortunately the WAV files don’t show the artist for some reason.

FLAC shows all the correct info.

G

1 Like

This Erroll Garner box set turned up today. Only listened to the vinyl so far and loving it. Impressive sound quality too

5 Likes

Vinyl. Bit of a strange recording, but good performance by Q and the boys.

10 Likes

Thanks, Graeme. I seem to remember reading about such problems with WAV files in some Naim environments a number of years ago and had assumed that it had been sorted out. Is there any sort of work around for you?

When I was looking for Balladaring, Time and December Song on streaming for Jakob Bro back in 2017 I could not locate them. I could not find then to purchase in the US so I ended up ordering them from Denmark and when contacting the record company they sent the following:

" You can order at www.pladekisten.dk

If you type “jakob” in the search field you’ll find the wanted items in the result list.
Click on the wagon once each item and finally on “bestil/order”.
When you reach the payment section everything will be in english/danish on a secure website.
You can reach most releases with Jakob as composer by -in the right side of the window- clicking at “egen distribution” and when the list of record labels shows, then click at “Loveland Records”

Payment is possible with Mastercard or VISA card (and EU-payment banktransfer).

After you’ve given name and adress the system calculates the total and you can still cancel afterwards.

Please write to me if you meet any problems.

Kind regards
Christian Jensen
LovelandRecords and PladeKisten

2 Likes

It’s a lovely set, brilliant!
:heart:

1 Like