What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

@anon23112058 glad you’re back and it was a technical issue rather than someone had upset you.:smirk:
I was only thinking the other day, when I couldn’t decide what to listen to, I could do with one your posts for inspiration.
Keep listening.

2 Likes

Emmylou Harris & Linda Ronstadt - The 1999 Radio Broadcast, Live On KSWM
CD|2017

Have had this on the shelf for a while, first listen. Seems the track listing is incorrect on disc 1. The recording quality is so-so as well. Unfortunately, no liner notes. But it is nice to hear them together in a live setting.

9 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and apparently I need to wait another 23 hours before I can like another post (but rest assured that I’ll return to share the love when I am able :relaxed:).

1 Like

There’s a Greatest Hits album due out from Gregory, not sure if it is this year and think it is a double.

1 Like

I remember seeing a post from a member regarding Elton John - Madman Across the Water and the Tumbleweed Connection. I cannot seem to find any record of this in my profile and you have my sincere apologies if this has been neglected on my behalf :relaxed:

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Guitar, Strings), Jim Cox (Hammond Organ, Piano), Chad Cromwell (Drums), Danny Cummings (Percussion), Chris Difford (Vocals), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards, Vocals), Paul Franklin (Lap Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel), Mike Haynes (Flugelhorn), Aubrey Haynie (Violin), Jim Hoke (Autoharp, Harmonica), Jim Horn (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Wayne Jackson (Trumpet), Van Morrison (Vocals), Frank Ricotti (Marimba), Duawne Starling (Vocals), James Taylor (Vocals), Harvey Thompson (Tenor Saxophone), Glenn Tilbrook (Vocals), Gillian Welch (Vocals), Chris Willis (Vocals) and Glenn Worf (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… after finishing today’s exercise routine I am taking Mark and his talented group of musicians out for a spin and they are sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

Peter Gabriel 1: Cars.

20 Likes

Ziggy Marley - Rebellion Rises (Tuff Gong/V2 LP)

In a similar vein to Mass Manipulation, Ziggy Marley’s fine 2018 album

:heart:

2 Likes

Megumi Mesaku - Saxy Rocksteady ( Mafia & Fluxy LP)
The lovely Megumi Mesaku.
Japanese Saxophonist, from busking on Londons Tube stations she came to the attention of drummer and bassist Mafia and Fluxy who re created classic old time Rocksteady style album like those from JA Treasure Isle studio in the late sixties, with Megumi’s wonderful sax lead.

Its also just great fun!

Also on CD/ stream

1 Like

Nice one! Lloyd Bradley’s Bass Culture book is a great read

1 Like

Yes, I agree – it’s got “Our Second Father” on it, which is just sensational.

1 Like

There’s no arguments here Paul Kelly definitely is one of Australia’s finest.

Beth Hart, better than home and bang bang boom boom. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Welcome back! :hugs:

Sting, my songs. Better late than never. Happy birthday! :birthday:

8 Likes

16 Likes

Now playing…

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart

Tanita Tikaram (Guitar, Vocals), Rod Argent (Keyboards, String Arrangements), Pete Beachill (Trombone), Paul Brady (Mandolin), Clem Clempson (Guitar), Mark Creswell (Guitar), Brendan Croker (Guitar), Mitch Dalton (Guitar), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Mo Foster (Fretless Bass), John Georgiadis (Violin), Keith Harvey (Cello), Mark Isham (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Ian Jewel (Viola), Noel Langley (Trumpet), David Lindley (Violin), Rory McFarlane (Bass Guitar), Malcolm Messiter (Oboe), Helen O’Hara (Violin), Brendon O’Reilly (Violin), Marc Ribot (Guitar, Horn), Philip Todd (Saxophone) and Peter Van Hooke (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… closing out this Saturday night with Tanita’s ‘ancient heart’ album and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

Speeches Mode, some great reward. :relaxed::notes:

10 Likes

1st run

4 Likes

Forgot that Rod Argent was involved.

1 Like