What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yep, and I’ll be starting it in a few days, once I complete this one.

B002RI94PA.01.SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500

Bass Culture by Lloyd Bradley.

6 Likes

Possibly the best album I’ve never bought, streaming in hi-res on Qobuz:

22 Likes

Any recommendations for a vinyl copy, I believe there may be a new costly release???

EDIT: No, that seems to be ‘National Album Day’ for ‘Horses’.

Buddy Holly Greatest Hits, in glorious mono.

12 Likes

R.E.M - R.E.M at the BBC
CD/DVD|2018

Listening to CDs 4 & 5, BBC live broadcasts.
The National Bowl - Milton Keynes, 30 July 1995, parts 1 and 2.

10 Likes

Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key if Life. One of Stevie’s finest, although Innervisions is close. An early pressing complete with bonus 7”, and something of an audiophile bargain as it sounds great and there are plenty of copies at reasonable prices out in vinyl land.

25 Likes

Tonight everything is about electronic vibes here. So a good moment to choose Fritz Kalkbrenner’s album “True Colors”:

1 Like

Tangerine dream live at the rainbow 81MJQtOKwPL.SS500presented by John peel

11 Likes

The Bevis Frond - Little Eden
Wayne Shorter - The Soothsayer

Vinyl.

1 Like

12 Likes

s-l400
After a mention from @YetiZone thought I would spin McCartney lll.

10 Likes

That is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Marillion - Script for a Jester’s Tear.

12 Likes

Have you heard Volume 1 @BlueCanary?

I’m off to see her live on Monday at the Royal Albert Hall. It will be the first time (and I suspect the last) that I will see her. If she plays ‘Frederick’ I will be a very happy man

1 Like

You have my apologies for my much delayed reply but I could not agree with you more. Wishing you a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

Thank you for your kind words and your concern. I have been without an internet connection ever since my last post several weeks ago and I am very happy to resume posting again. You have my warmest wishes for what remains of the weekend :relaxed:

3 Likes

81ULtEG6PPL.SS500
Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery - The Dynamic Duo.

9 Likes

Indeed Kev - bought them both - pretty sure on your recommendation. I do find I play II more tho. Cheers BC

1 Like

It certainly is.

This is worth a look, if you’ve not already seen it.
It’s a 5 minute clip from Max Richter’s live ‘Sleep’ performance at the Sydney Opera House.

There’s also an hour versions and the full 8 hour production on YouTube of his Sydney performance

2 Likes