What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I did consider “God’s Own Medicine” but I’m leaning more towards “Rosetta Stone - The Tyranny of Inaction” :relaxed:

1 Like

Lee Scratch Perry - the Black Ark years

.sjb

4 Likes

How about joining me with

Simon Hinckler - Lose The Faith

2 Likes

Pot Luck With Elvis. A awesome album from the early 60’s. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

5 Likes

It would be rude of me to decline an invitation: consider it done :relaxed:

Do you like the Espen Eriksen Trio? Interesting music from Norway.

Goldfrapp, live session, wonderful electric, ride a white horse. Live albums are way too short so played these three back to back. :relaxed:

5 Likes

This was very popular on the forum a couple of years ago. Finally decided to give it a try. Not sure what I think - songs are lyrically all rather similar in a bleak vein…

9 Likes

I must admit no I haven’t, but in my defence I am trying hard to expand my horizons from my usual goto genre of rock/ metal etc or classical.

It what I love about this thread.

The sleepy unperturbed nature may grow upon you given the right circumstances :relaxed:

Antonio Forcione Ghetto Paradise / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd032

Winding down after a visit to the cinema.

5 Likes

After the delightful invitation from @VinoVeritas, this seems beckoning:

Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet.

1 Like

Now playing…

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly Live

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning from a long walk through the neighborhood and now taking Donald’s ‘The Nightfly Live’ out for a spin and Donald and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

14 Likes

The Psychedelic Furs.

4 Likes

My golly - Love and Rockets takes me back to when my wife and I used to go Gothing at Jean Pierre’s, a tiny basement club in Soho. Get there around 11, stay till dawn…
L&R’s version of Ball Of Confusion was a regular player there.

1 Like

Try Colfax too… :sparkling_heart:

Still downbeat, though.

Now playing…

Keb’ Mo’

Keb’ Mo’ (Banjo, Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Laval Belle (Drums), Quentin Dennard (Drums), Tommy Eyre (Keyboards) and James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… taking out Keb’ Mo’s 1994 debut album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! I have been fortunate to see Keb’ Mo’ perform a few times and always love to get tickets when the opportunity arises.

18 Likes

KNST500

3 Likes

To start the day…

Lou Reed & John Cale - 1990 Songs for Drella

11 Likes

An excellent album. :+1:

1 Like