What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Scream.

8 Likes

81VCJbnUL8L.SS500
Alison Krauss - Windy City.

13 Likes

Back in 2005, Goldfrapp and their label Mute took to recording their gigs and then burning them to CD – if you were willing to hang round for half an hour and had £20, you could take home a 2-CD set of the gig you’d just attended. I wish I’d collected the whole set of six live albums, as they’re very collectable nowadays. Here’s the only one I have, 6th October.

8 Likes

Singer songwriter who has written with and for many bands, inc tears for fears. Does some nice music on her own too.

1 Like

I missed this one on its first release, it’s an interesting listen.

.sjb

6 Likes

Not forgetting the Ravishing Beauties: Nicky Holland, Kate St John and Virginia Astley.

1 Like

The Doors - LA Woman, CD rip. Really enjoying getting to know the early albums from The Doors.

21 Likes

Guess you don’t see these too often in this topic :wink:

1 Like

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. My weekly LLFB fix. Sometimes more frequent. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Quite the best Fleetwood Mac album - glorious songwriting.

10 Likes

Goldfrapp, tales of us deluxe edition. Joining @TheKevster with some Goldfrapp goodness. Track 11-20 are all live recordings at Air Studios, London. :relaxed:

11 Likes

The Sisters of Mercy - First and Last and Always.

5 Likes

Bela Fleck - My Bluegrass Heart
2CD|2021

Featuring Edgar Meyer, Molly Tuttle, Chris Thile, Sierra Hull, David Grisman, Jerry Douglas and many others. All instrumental. First listen.

5 Likes

71yyKXWY6lL.SS500
Richard Thompson - Acoustic Classics, tasteful guitar as usual, on this album of reworked favourites.

12 Likes

Another official Goldfrapp live album, this time from Bristol, November 2010 (on the Head First tour). Prices for this one - released by EMi and Abbey Road – are getting very silly as well.

7 Likes

Fields Of The Nephilim - Elizium.

2 Likes

I hope you stumble across more like the Lund Quartet and David Helbock Trio

David Helbock Trio - Into the Mystic

Playing this and loving it - damn another group of musicians to explore.

2 Likes

The Sisters,
The Neph

What’s next let me guess The Mission?

2 Likes

John Coltrane - Blue Train, one of my favourite classic jazz albums.

19 Likes