What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Ultravox! when they had the exclamation mark.

.sjb

9 Likes

James Taylor Greatest Hits Vol 1

16 Likes

Joining @AlanP in appreciation of Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel.

15 Likes

Elton John 17-11-70 or for our US friends 11-17-70😁
I’ve had a WAV file of the whole show (13 tracks) for some time and only just found out they were all mixed up, after some frustrating meta rework and can finally hear it as it was meant.

11 Likes

The Villagers Fever Dreams

5 Likes

To start the day…

Paul Simon - 1986 Graceland

27 Likes

Paul Simon - 1990 The Rythm of the Saints

Because the Forum is very quiet this morning.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… Closing out the day with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ and the album is simply beautiful with a extremely talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

7 Likes

Many thanks @seakayaker.

1 Like

If you like Jon’s music you may want to give some of his other albums a spin. Some of my favorites are 'Further, Nonsentration, Kyanos and Siwan - Nahnou Houm.

1 Like

First time with Jon but I like him. I will definitely explore, thank you again @seakayaker.

And as a bonus, I can follow the lyrics in Spanish!

1 Like

Went to Knebworth in '76 to see the Stones. Skynnerd blew them away that day and Free Bird on that blisteringly hot afternoon remains etched in my memory. Brings tears to my eyes too. :joy:

4 Likes

Vangelis - Juno to Jupiter.

3 Likes

One of my favourite bands from the past and one that seems to go under many peoples radar.
I was told that this is an album where you won’t skip tracks.

13 Likes

Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine’s wondrous A Beginner’s Mind.

7 Likes

Danielle Miraglia - Bright Shining Stars

7 Likes

Lana Del Ray - Born to Die.

11 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Oklahoma

16 Likes

Yes - The Quest

I’m playing this from Qobuz as someone had said the singer sounded very much like Jon Anderson. That is true to some extent, but the lyrics and melodies are nothing like those from early Yes. I don’t think I’ll be buying it.

4 Likes

Florence + the Machine - Lungs.

7 Likes