What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

The Hollies - Evolution (Tidal MQA)
Prompted by an earlier post by @JohnF

The Hollies “psychedelic” 1967 album expanded to 24 tracks (2016 issue. For some reason theres also a 2013 issue on Tidal with 28 tracks) with Mono & Stereo mixes etc

:heart:

8 Likes

Folder 2
Not listened to this in a while - enjoying it a lot !

3 Likes

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions, CD rip.

21 Likes

Daft Punk, random access memories. :blush:

12 Likes

Cody High, kissing street. First try. Interesting enjoyable instrumental music. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Roxy Music, flesh and blood. Friday is just around the corner. Feel like celebrating already. :relaxed:

16 Likes

Lorde - Melodrama.

4 Likes

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station Explorer’s Edition, already three years old, where does time go?

11 Likes

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool, CD rip.

14 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

13 Likes

Al Jarreau This Time / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28094

4 Likes

Gareth Dunlop - No 79

This is wonderful - right up my musical street!

Many thanks to @Lorro1 for bringing Gareth to my attention.

It was Lorro’s passing comment comparing Gareth to Foy Vance (and that he supported Foy on a tour) that had me check him out.

This is why I value the comments on posts here, rather than merely a picture of an album cover - you know the ‘…and why might anyone be interested’ bit of the the thread title.

When I raised this last, I got roasted. So I would still prefer a pic of an album cover than nothing, but I feel soo many great artists and albums go under the radar without some kind of pointer.

Moan over.

9 Likes

CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe.

3 Likes

A “like” is not enough to express how much I agree with you

2 Likes

A fantastic album!

1 Like

Following a conversation between @seakayaker and @Rafael i first gave this this ago - not quite doing it for my inexperienced ears.

Jon Balke - Siwan

But sufficiently intriguing enough to give another one of his ago- a little more mellow / approachable but still has movement

Hey that almost sounded like I had an idea what I’m talking about

Jon Balke - Discourses

3 Likes

Short by today’s standards, but doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. I also think it has improved over time, as I initially deemed it a little too easy listening. Some top notch musisians involved also :+1:

81uDKjukEHL.SS500
Gary Clark Jr. - Blak And Blu, time for some modern blues rock, although some of his Hendrix influences are a little too obvious.

10 Likes

Blue Water Highway Band - Things We Carry

A fine Country (with a small c) band. Great vocals, musicianship and choons - nothing else to say really.

A few years ago I would have hated this kind of stuff, now I love it. Go figure!

3 Likes