What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor.

7 Likes

This is simply sublime Geoff, such a pleasure to listen to… ‘Starmaker’ Is a gem :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :grin: :notes:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Gareth Dunlop - No. 79

Gareth Dunlop (Acoustic Guitar), Matt Weit (Drums) and Boby Hamrick (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening this Thursday morning with a artist mentioned by @Lorro1 and @NigelB above and I placed in the queue. Now taking out for a spin and Gareth and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

With this I know I am challenging this forum :grin:
New album from one of my favorite artists, 6 years and a child after her latest album… nice as usual this is slowly growing on me… Musically more complex and mature than in the past with the usual very clever lyrics…

1 Like

The vinyl of this is on its way to me Nigel, listened to it on-line and agree with your comments, a beautiful voice. Fingers crossed (as always with vinyl!) it’s a good pressing.

1 Like

Well the gorgeousness of the recording should at least transfer to vinyl.

Good luck.

1 Like

On CD, fabulous contemporary chamber music:

6 Likes

First post (well almost) Covid recovery (for the 2nd time in 18 months and I’m double vaccinated) listen I wanted something mellow. Always thought this Robbie R album’s a little underrated and it sounds great.

15 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Doin’ Allright.

A bit of pre-dinner jazz.

11 Likes

So enjoying these…
Dread Mansions has unapologetically turned into the mystical Black Ark this afternoon and I’m a Disco rebel…

Continuing with Vol 4

:heart:

2 Likes

Fugees - The Score.

7 Likes

Re issued again on a round plastic thing with a hole in the middle, nice!
:+1:

1 Like

Didn’t know she was still around. Ex girlfriend introduced me to her and tracks like L’ultimo Bacio and Non Volermi Male. Ah, the beauty of youth!

1 Like

Sorry for my indulgence but when its L$P, resistance is futile…

Vol 5

:heart:

3 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul. I’d seen numerous posts about this album and just had a listen to it and really enjoyed it.

13 Likes

Black Mountain | Wilderness Heart | 2010
Fine rock from Vancouver, this was their third album.

3 Likes

Danielle Miraglia - Bright Shining Stars

I’m liking this. Reminds me of a stripped back Lisa Mills, figuratively speaking of course, ahem! I would crudely describe it as country-blues, if there is such a genre.

First mentioned by @seakayaker, recommendation from his daughter I believe. More recently mentioned by @johnt. Well worth checking out if you like that sort of thing.

6 Likes

Yes she is indeed! After the celebration of her 25th year in the music biz at the Arena di Verona last month she will tour the theatres in Q4.
In case you have lost some of her last albums I recommend ‘Eva contro Eva’ and ‘Elettra’
This last work Is however remarkable for the music first of all, she grew comsiderably during this last 6 years. I am glad someone in here knows her :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Wyclef Jean - Carnival.