What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Agree, a superb album that sounds fantastic. Also really like Sinematic too. Hope you get back up to speed soon.

1 Like

Gillian Welch - Harrow & the Harvest. CD rip. A tremendous album, and this CD really sounds terrific, and I also believe the vinyl is good too - IIRC, it was on Michael Fremers’s recommended list for recent albums that have great SQ. Frustratingly now out of print and expensive on the used market!

14 Likes

Hope you recover fully soon.

2 Likes

The Tragically Hip | Fully Completely | 1992
More Canadian rock, this time from the Hip who were and remain Canada’s best rock band IMHO, this is a fine album that hasn’t been dusted off for quite a few years in this place.

5 Likes

UK first press vinyl, bought in the old Virgin Megastore at the Tottenham Court Road end of Oxford Street the day it came out (more than 41 years ago!)

For most bands, Closer would be a career-defining masterpiece. For Joy Division it was the follow-up to their astonishing debut. Yes, they really were that good.

15 Likes

I like these boys, they could go far. Listening to the two “Sessions” LPs by way of a change.

22 Likes

Been enjoying this on vinyl at work today, so I thought I’d give it a spin on Spotify when I got home. Looked to pick it up from Discogs but the 2nd hand availability and price put me off a bit.

16 Likes

Had a couple of listens to this new single……like it. New album out in Feb 2022. The chorus is very reminiscent of the “rattle that lock “by Dave Gilmour….to me.

2 Likes

Dr. Dre - 2001 .
One of the finest hip hop/gangsta rap albums of the 90’s :relaxed:

2 Likes

Henry Purcell. Complete secular solo songs. 3x CD . Only playing one CD, lovely.
" The rock star of his day"

614mH9JqDWL.AC_SY355

7 Likes

Free - Heartbreaker, their sixth and final album, they squeezed so much into a short five year career.

16 Likes

Another side of Bob Dylan. Vinyl. LINN Sondek LP12.

10 Likes

Silje Nergaard - Houses

PNG image

4 Likes

And very influential imho.

2 Likes

And so young, early 20s when they split.

3 Likes

Still one of my favourite bands, saw them a few times live, they had everything, raw bluesy rock vocals, great distinctive guitar work and a funky bass player who at 16 was masterful. And of course great songwriters.

1 Like

Sadly I was too young to see them.

Mankunku Quartet (SA jazz). A taster for the upcoming reissue of their 1968 album on pre-order vinyl. Nothing massively original but beautifully played with real soul and swing.

1 Like

On cd……

Kate Bush….

16 Likes

711BIaxhyRL.SS500
Focus 3, thought I’d put this on to hear Akkerman firing up the lute!

13 Likes