What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Silje Nergaard ‎– Silje Nergaard

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from a jog and stair climbing exercise adventure and returning to this 2020 album release which contains 27 tracks and she is sounding sublime! Into the easy chair for a nice long rest and some peace and quiet…

4 Likes

REM, The Best of

14 Likes

Not for sale Radio version

3 Likes

200 grams, original master tape ltd to 1000 pressings per stamp Oh Sweet Jane don’t stop!

Just to Edit this. What a very good pressing it is. Highly recommended.

14 Likes

Elvis Costello Oliver’s Army

18 Likes

Joe Walsh But Seriously, Folks

14 Likes

To start the day…

Radiohead - 2001 Amnesiac

10 Likes

I should have mentioned I was after it on CD.

1 Like

Paul Laurence Dunbar’s poem Sympathy - I know why the caged bird sings followed by Nina Simone’s I wish I knew how it would feel to be free, just now on BBC Radio 3.

Lump in my throat.

2 Likes

Mrs Pete safely at her mothers it’s time to pump up the volume, imo Midnight Oils best album 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

8 Likes

Steely Dan, Aja. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Steely Dan Can’t Buy A Thrill / 2010 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY20122

@davidng Before I saw your post I had decided to start Friday with the 1st SD release, which was the beginning of an amazing run of quality music that never fails to raise a smile.

18 Likes

Silje Nergaard, chain of days. Joining since several have mentioned. It’s been a while since I listened to this Norwegian singer song writer. :blush:

3 Likes

Dirk Kaftan conducting the Beethoven Orchestra Bonn - Beethoven X The AI Project.
This is the culmination of work between computer scientists (using machine learning) and experts to recreate Beethoven’s unfinished tenth symphony.

1 Like

@BlueCanary I am glad you are enjoying The Bevis Frond. Its probably my favourite album of this year so far.
I first discovered them when they supported Teenage Fanclub in 2006. I thought Wow who are these guys as they were brilliant.
They are really Nick Saloman plus friends. Nick writes all the songs and plays most of the instruments on the albums. He is a very talented songwriter & musician.
I have seen the band live several times since and met Nick a few times for a quick chat after gigs. He really is a very down to earth lovely chap.
They have done more than 20 albums so plenty more for you to discover. The previous album to Little Eden called We are your friends man is quite a bit heavier but also pretty good.
My other favourites are New River Head & North Circular Road but every album has some nugget or other on it.
Enjoy your road of discovery.

1 Like

Gillian Welch, boots no 1: the official revival bootleg. :relaxed:

13 Likes

I only heard Nina’s magnificent vocal version in recent years, having been very familiar with Billy Taylor’s piano recording which was used as the theme tune for Barry Norman’s Film review series on BBC TV several years ago.

2 Likes

Eric Bibb - Dear America

13 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy, CD rip.

24 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Trilogy / 2015 Sony Music / UK CD x 2 + DVDA / 88875004902

13 Likes