What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On CD:-

Barclay James Harvest - Time Honoured Ghosts

9 Likes

Nicloa Conte Jet Sounds Revisited / 2002 Schema / Italy CD / SCCD330

Excellent Acid Jazz remix CD from the Italian producer, guitarist, and bandleader.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. CD rip. Ubiquitous, I know, but this rip is from a rather nice 20th Anniversary oversized box version from 1993. A remaster, but sounds pretty good on my modest rig, but then again I do not have any other versions. Must try and get a copy on vinyl, but the reissue choice is bewildering, and first pressings are a bit on the spendy side.

24 Likes

That clutch of JLH late albums are all excellent.

G

18 Likes

Jasmine Thompson, another bundle of tantrums. Why would I want to listen to a bundle of tantrums?! And worst still I enjoyed it. Something must be wrong with me! :wink:

3 Likes

Nightwish, endless form most beautiful. Was thinking of something soft but came across this. And given I am on my second system in my room. I can let this rip at volume. Awesome! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

And now sounding damned fine on my mojo/poly!

Sentenced - The Cold White Light.

2 Likes

Just released today - latest album from Badbadnotgood- Talk Memory. Love their previous albums - great jazz experimenters. Not immediately grabbed so will need a few listens

Edit - they have definitely entered the world of jazz fusion on this one

1 Like

Plangent solo guitar, on CD. Great to work to:

2 Likes

Roy Orbison, Oh Pretty Woman. Monument. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

7 Likes

Know absolutely nil about the music but gave it a “like” for the artwork
:heart:

1 Like

Stanley Turrentine & Milt Jackson - Cherry

4 Likes

Search out Quartet Muartet which grew out of Trio Mrio - I kid you not! Also The Pogo Problem.

The 69 Eyes - Blessed Be.

A rather nice ‘lockdown’ piece.

Cinematic almost and good fun, playful. Really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Dolly Parton, Greatest Hits. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

2 Likes

This afternoon I am listening to Frank Turner.

One of those “Why isn’t he bigger?” artists.

All these samey, singer/songwriter, fey, whimsey types that all the sound the same getting so much airplay. Or this fella, proper talent that he is. One of these years he will be an overnight sensation.

5 Likes

Arrived earlier on CD. Wow! This concert from 1975 is REALLY good. And I’m only one number in! If you like Brit-jazz you will love this…

3 Likes

Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes.

2 Likes