What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

OK, so having listened to Trivium’s In The Court of the Dragon and Ascendancy, thought I’d go with another band I discovered about the same time

Type O Negative - Dead Again

More Goth Metal than Metalcore it its a shame that a couple of years after this release their frontman and bassist died of sepsis / diverticulitis and the band spilt up.

3 Likes

Ha! I know exactly what you mean!

1 Like

Dokuz parca is nine pieces. Their other album is dokuz parca daha - 9 more pieces but I cannot find it anywhere other than youtube with relatively poor sound quality. It’s a good album. I asked a contact in Turkey if he could find me the CD but no luck.:frowning: Spotify has 2 albums by Trio Mrio and also “solo” albums by group members eg. sarp Maden

51gwp+NZkjL.SS500
Stevie Wonder - A Time To Love, a splendid album from '05, featuring the single “What The Fuss” with Prince.

6 Likes

Nina in her live majesty:

12 Likes

Discogs shows 6 people selling mint / near mint copies of Dokuz Parça Daha if that helps.

Hi Dread, the UK 2017 red translucent pressing does it for me. Mine is the Sainsburys exclusive release with the runout ‘MATT@ALCHEMY’ on side 1. Granted I’ve never compared it to an original but it sounds superb, full of detail and a rich depth. It was well pressed. It’s been highly praised.

2 Likes

Is it just me or is there something about this? I’m very moved……
Ps moon cake rocks :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil.

2 Likes

Searching for Enlightenment

18 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Joy of Nothing

Foy Vance (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Arco String Quartet (String Quartet), Kerry Brady (Cello), Rachel Coulter (Vocals), Fergus Fitzpatrick (Cello), Kathleen Gillespie (Violin), Jonathan Griffin (Violin), Clare Hadwen (Vocals, Violin), Richard Hadwen (Viola), Paul Hamilton (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Paul Hamilton (Vocals), (Vocals), Michael Keeny (Vocals, Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, Mini Moog, Piano, Sounds, String Arrangements), Stephen McCartney (Vocals), Colm McClean (Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Johnny McDaid (Vocals, Lap Steel Guitar), Bonnie Raitt (Vocals), Ed Sheeran (Vocals), and Joanne Vance (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this beautiful 2012 release from Vance and a fantastic and talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

9 Likes

Grateful Dead - Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 12-10-71 (Dec 10)
3CD set in glorious HDCD.

Picking up the mood with some good ol’ Grateful Dead. Recent release, first listen.

8 Likes

1975 / Man - Maximum Darkness

7 Likes

14 Likes

Nice one Tony, can’t beat a bit of Man, unfortunately never managed to see them live, but I did catch Terry Williams drumming for that Knopfler guy’s band, quite a powerhouse. Thought you would be impressed :sunglasses:

1 Like

71jdjVMTaaL.SS500
Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver.

17 Likes

Very impressed, Alan. I think @ewemon did go to that concert if not mistaken.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Incubus - Make Yourself.

1 Like

Folder
Must have been a seismic experience listening to this in 1969.

14 Likes

Lady Blackbird, Black Acid Soul. Many have mentioned it and I am joining in. Soulful indeed. Noice!

And save the best til last, really enjoy last track black acid soul. Even the electronic keyboard. It’s just different. :relaxed:

12 Likes