What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Lol No wonder indeed.

Rolling Stones, Beggars Banquet. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

15 Likes

Indeed, the real deal. I like that Frank sings it straight in his native English accent and doesn’t put on a silly fake American accent that so many Brit singers seem to do these days.

This one I have to have.

1 Like

House of Pain.

2 Likes

Highly unlikely… always been a non smoker of anything, plus I need / want my lungs to work optimally on a daily basis!

1 Like

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday.

1 Like

1 Like

Any Sabbath session normally ends up here! Supposedly Sabbath and Zep were very friendly and there’s a great story that while Sabs were recording ‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath’ , Zep came over for a jam. Bonzo wanted to play drums on Supernaut but for some reason it didn’t happen. What I wouldn’t give to hear a recording of Bonzo drumming on Supernaut

17 Likes

This new albums by The Lathums is very good. Jangly guitar pop/indie. Hi-res on Qobuz.

3 Likes

Saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks ago,superb!

1 Like

front
front
artworks-000178406505-4sjjjg-t500x500
The last one is the complete set of brilliant horn mixes for Kaya and Exodus that were unreleased.

10 Likes

DJ Shadow 25th anniversary spinning in the cabin and taking advantage of this beautiful evening.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Just released as a remastered hires version. Unfortunately it doesn’t make it any better

7 Likes

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory.

4 Likes

Donald Fagen’s | The Nightfly Live | 2021
Donald has been busy releasing a couple of live albums this year, well recorded and sounding lovely which is only as expected.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Ralph Alessi - Imaginary Friends

Ralph Alessi (Trumpet), Ravi Coltrane (Tenor and Sopranino Saxophones), Andy Milne (Piano), Drew Gress (Double Bass) and Mark Ferber (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a mention from @anon10403888 above had me place in the queue and not taking out for a spin, and Ralph and the quintet are sounding sublime! This album was released in January 2019 and this may be first time I have had it out for a spin… I doubt it will be the last.

3 Likes

Now have the sublime sound of Miles Davis, Tutu, filling the garden, doesn’t get better than this, what an album.

10 Likes