What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Great trio of albums there :+1:

Legend has it that the Leslie Kong produced Best Of The Wailers album title so irked Bunny Wailer (he apparently disliked the title and Leslie Kong as he felt the title was premature when he believed the best was yet to come, it stands as a great and overlooked album though) that he placed an Obeah (kind of similar to Haiti’s Voodoo culture and taken very seriously in JA) curse on the producer who accordingly died very soon after he released the album!

http://thewailingwailers.free.fr/TheprophecyofaWailer.html

:heart:

Another one not listened to for a long time.

The AllMusic review sums up what I liked about it at the time and my enjoyment still holds today.

Turbonegro - Apocalypse Dudes

2 Likes

Steely Dan | The Royal Scam | 1976
I tried hard to resist playing something from the Dan after listening to Fagen’s live one, but it was futile.

18 Likes

Bob Dylan - Hard Rain.

Not his finest work, not a great live album, but it brings back many fond memories for me, and for that, I love it.

16 Likes

Good old Frankie - wasn’t he at Eton with Prince William.

Sometime last year I asked the question about reworkings of full albums (rather than just a cover of a single song)

This album was one of the suggestions.

I seem to remember enjoying it at the time, however relistening now not so sure - pity it’s an accurate representation of the original even down to the spike s adverts between tracks

Petra Haden Sings The Who Sell Out

7 Likes

I saw them on that tour. They were great but I don’t think it transferred to that album very well.

The ‘Bridges to Buenos Aires’ double in hires on Qobuz is really good though.

G

1 Like

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale.

20 Likes

RIP Jim Pembroke

4 Likes

It’s taken me several years to find a really nice original copy of The Wall.
My first copy I bought when I was at college was on release; it was played to death. Apart from slight surface noise on side 2 in quiet phases this plays like a dream. Very happy!

23 Likes

Just back from a welcome win in the football so need something zen to maintain the spiritual high. Calling Don :cherries: Brown Rice! Lyrical tender and uplifting. On rather good A&M reissue vinyl.

7 Likes

Anya Hinkle - Eden And Her Borderlands
CD|2021

Posted by @ewemon a few days ago. Liked the samples, so purchased the album. First listen, enjoyable album.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan, Modern Times. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

13 Likes

This is more like it after the slight fail of Petra Haden.

Morgan James - Hunter

6 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons.

18 Likes

Your point is spot on !

I am pretty certain it was you who ‘pushed’ me into having a go with these two

• both really good albums !

7 Likes

Yo-Yo Ma and Bobby McFerrin - 1992 Two Friends Having Fun

HUSH

6 Likes

Local band to Edinburgh
cover
The Cosmic Trip Advisors, download in flac from Bandcamp.

6 Likes

BSCH500
BOZ_SCAGGS_COME+ON+HOME-184673
The second disc is a superb live gig along with an interview about the album

10 Likes

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses.

17 Likes