What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

John Lennon - Imagine (Apple LP)

Mrs Dread says she hasn’t heard this in ages, can I put in on?
I better oblige if I’m going to get any dinner!

:heart:

14 Likes

Dwight Yoakam, Under The Covers. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - IIUII (It Isn’t Until It Is)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Fink’s latest release and he is sounding mighty sweet! A lovely way to sit back with a cup of coffee on a gray cool morning and enjoy some tunes…

11 Likes

2021 - Oh Wonder / 22 Break

2 Likes

Japan - Quiet Life.

12 Likes

4 Likes

My system is sounding mighty fine this evening it’s like Mr. Simon is singing in the room!

27 Likes

Linda Ronstadt. Just One Look. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

12 Likes

I usually like to make a comment but sometimes it’s best to let the music flow

12 Likes

Spandau Ballet - True.

7 Likes

Enjoying this fascinating 3CD compo from those lovely people at Cherry Red. Thesis being that this largely US music and poetry in the late 50s/early 60s helped move staid 50s Blighty towards a freer music arts and culture (at least in that thar London). Undoubtedly influenced Brit Jazz as evidenced by the (1965 - 72) journeys in modern jazz: Britain compo.

Personal favourites are the Kerouac readings backed by a jazz piano and Coltrane’s sumptuous ‘Out of this World’

2 Likes

Hi @Buster, It was a bit of a game change for (let alone Radiohead!). I do love their early work.
I bought Kid A as soon as it was released and I felt a little let down by it, but that is my fault and not Radiohead’s.
You have inspired me to put it on again,… thats one of the thing I love about this group!

1 Like

Jeysus @Dreadatthecontrols, that brings back some memories!!!

1 Like

Waylon Jennings, Good Hearted Woman. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

3 Likes

The Bathers - Sunpowder. I was reading about some 2020 reissues of 3 albums from the 1990s by this Scottish band and the descriptions intrigued me, so I’m listening to this album now. A fine album it is too, in a chamber- pop style with a few contributions from Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins).

5 Likes

Dire Straits.

24 Likes

I too struggled back when it was released, I persevered and now regard it as one of their finest. Enjoy!

1 Like

What an amazing album!

9 Likes

On CD. This 2021 deluxe reissue of an early '60s classic is becoming a favourite – especially the second disc, with its versions of two Duke tunes and Don Pullen’s “Big Alice”.

10 Likes