What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Beth Hart - War in My Mind - Qobuz

It’s growing! And so is Billie Eilish’s Happier Than Ever.

My oldest grandson knew that she sang the theme song for the latest Bond film which he saw at the cinema last week.

Sorry for being a little distracted by gardening and getting my Astrophotography working. Another expensive hobby if you want it to be!

Phil

15 Likes

The Band, Music From Big Pink. CD. Linn Akurate CD.

12 Likes

Something choral to prepare the evening meal by

2 Likes

I didnt know it had been out on vinyl!
:+1:

1 Like

The Beatles - Please Please Me.

21 Likes

Only one available on Discogs and it’s in the US, drat!
:heart:

Sometimes music doesn’t have to challenge us. Sometimes it’s enjoyable for what it is

Spandau Ballet - Journeys to Glory

3 Likes

Babe Ruth | First Base | 1972
Some good old British rock, it’s good to do some straight rock sometimes…

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Sean Rowe - The Darkness Dressed in Colored Lights

Sean Rowe (Vocals, Guitar), Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion), Jeremy Boetcher (Bass), Ben Lester (Keyboards, Pedal Steel), Courtney Hartman (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Carey (Bass), John DeHaven (Brass Section), Jeff Nania (Brass Section), and Joel Yannuzzi (Brass Section).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… Kicking off this Monday morning with Sean and taking his new album of for another spin and Sean and the band are sounding sublime! Four years between albums and it has been worth wait and enjoying his new album quite a lot…

7 Likes

Mike Gibbs Revisiting Tanglewood 63 (Jazz In Britain)

Another superb recent freebie download (well I did pay something I’m not a total tight #rse)

Enjoying it so much I was just going to order the vinyl,Then…hang on a minute…I thought so! I did get the LP of this one a little while back, no wonder I thought I heard it before!

Anyway, highly recommend this one

2 Likes

The Turtles Present the Battle of the Bands.

3 Likes

Trivium - 2021 In The Court Of The Dragon

Because the artwork is stunning.

3 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

Can’t stop playing this. This Lady has such power in her voice but such control too, bit like a NAP and a NAC working in harmony. The supporting instrumentation is wonderful also but never impinges too far on that voice.

I have just downloaded the 24 bit version. Wow!

17 Likes

Good, innit? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

19 Likes

Good evening!..I’m from Essex in case you couldnt tell…my given name is Dickie…I come from Billericay…and I’m doing…very well!

32 Likes

…and you ain’t a blinkin’ fickie…

3 Likes

Grateful Dead - Live / Dead.

13 Likes

One from the big mono box I recently bought and ripped

6 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - 2019 Oklahoma

Because I follow this thread.

17 Likes