What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

That is one stunningly good album, and the opening track just grabs your attention.

1 Like

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
2011 remastered Cd from Hollywood Records 40th anniversary box set.

12 Likes

July 1997
Stoughton, Mass
CD on AUM Fidelity

Joe Morris - guitar
Nate McBride - bass
Jerome Deupree - drums

2 Likes

It certainly is Dave, it’s the best thing about the whole set, although to be fair, the rest of the material is just a compilation of unreleased stuff from different projects.

Time for a bit of air guitar

Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny.

13 Likes

The Black Lillies - Stranger to Me

1 Like

Dave Grusin - Mountain Dance / 1984 GRP / Japan pressed for US CD / GRD 9507

Because I wanted to hear the track ‘Friends and Strangers’.

2 Likes

What is that?
:thinking:

Getting on well with this at the mo.

It’s the Apple mini home pod.
My attempt at humour :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha! Right, I thought it was an album sleeve hence my asking what selection out of yer dub box that was :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve long had these on CD but are a little hard to come by these days. So happy to see them available on Tidal.
Jack Ruby was a top 70"s Roots Reggae producer who utilised a crack backing band and horn section from the best session musicians Jamaica had to offer which he named The Black Disciples (check the track Free Rhodesia where Jack Ruby proudly introduces each member of the band before they launch into a wonderful Rockers style Jazz fusion version of the classic Rockfort Rock)
Unusually for the time he was based outside of Kingston in Ocho Rios, his home, studio and sound system can be seen in the film Rockers.
He produced some of the best Roots material of the period, most notably Burning Spear, Justin Hinds, The Heptones, Big Youth and some arguably lesser known artists.
Jack Ruby presents The Black Foundation
20210126_161034
And its companion volume The Black Foundation In Dub with the matching versions mixed by Errol Thompson
20210126_161411
Highly recommended
:heart:

4 Likes

Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation | 2016 (I think)
Just an A & B side remix to get the afternoon kicked off. She/they must be due a new album fairly soon?

3 Likes

Dori Freeman - Every Single Star
Folk.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin’ - MOFI 45rpm mono vinyl
My favourite Dylan, guitar, harp and vocals and a set of perfect folk songs, Hard Rain’s one of the most compelling poems and songs I’ve ever heard. After a tip off from @Premmyboy I ordered this pressing, it took a couple of months to arrive from the US, well worth the wait, phenomenal SQ, thanks Premmy.

16 Likes

To start this wintery evening off in style :

6 Likes

The dubbiest of the dub @Dreadatthecontrols

8 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever.

13 Likes

Quality!

2 Likes

Benito Madonia & Antonio Forcione - Vento Del Sud / 2000 naim / Austria cd / naim050

Not played as much the other Antonio Forcione discs I have, but still great.

2 Likes