What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A Winged Victory For The Sullen. This is their brilliant debut album on clear vinyl.

7 Likes

A Beginner’s Mind - Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine

5 Likes

Temple of the Dog.

6 Likes

It’s probably my favourite Lou Reed, it’s also superbly recorded. I have as a hi res file and it just sounds fantastic. :+1:

1 Like

Starting with an ep from a Kiwi band Little Sunday - Sun Up.

3 Likes

I haven’t played this double LP since the last century! So playing it just for fun!

10 Likes

Julie London, the very best of Julie London. With 216 tracks over 10 hours it’s hard to play through in one seating. She must be amazingly prolific to have that many the very best of! Where is the very very best of?! :joy:

On track 49. Switching after this. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Beth Orton, trailer park. :relaxed:

12 Likes

One of my fave all time albums. Magical touch!

10 Likes

Playing this cause it’s a great album but also friends are travelling around South Australia and sent me this photo. What a difference a bit of rain makes.

Midnight Oil Diesel and Dust.

7 Likes

System of a Down - Mesmerize.

1 Like

That looks rather scary, might checkout later today.

Toxicity is their most highly regarded album (if you are prepared for high energy anarchy). I would’nt like to corrupt you with my misplaced youth :relaxed:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Live in London

Foy Vance (Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Vocals), Paul Hamilton (Backing Vocals on ‘Casanova’) and Jon Plunkett (Poetry reading on ‘The Wild Swans on the Lake’).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home from a long afternoon walk along Golden Gardens Park and Shilshole Bay Marina with my wife and taking this beautiful album from Vance out for a spin and he is sounding sublime! A wonderful album to sit back and enjoy the music and performance…

8 Likes

KMFDM - Nihil.
Not for the faint hearted :relaxed:

2 Likes

Men At Work - Business as Usual

8 Likes

You ref two Nicks. This isn’t Cave

1 Like

Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond organ), Colm McClean (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass), Craig Milton (Guitar) and Ella Vance (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this recent album, September 9, 2021, from Vance and he and the band are sounding sweet!

6 Likes

Kurt Vile Walkin’ on a Pretty Daze

4 Likes