What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Apologies but someone posted this a while ago and got to say it’s really rather good, Airbag, All Rights Removed.

Feels like what Lo Moon are to talk talk, with these guys and pink Floyd.

I’ll have to check out their other albums but thank you to whoever posted this in one of these threads.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Joy of Nothing

Foy Vance (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Arco String Quartet (String Quartet), Kerry Brady (Cello), Rachel Coulter (Choir/Chorus, Vocals), Fergus Fitzpatrick (Cello), Kathleen Gillespie (Violin),
Jonathan Griffin (Violin), Clare Hadwen (Choir/Chorus, Violin),
Richard Hadwen (Viola), Paul Hamilton (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Paul Hamilton (Choir/Chorus), Joy of Nothing Choir, Marty Keeny (Choir/Chorus), Michael Keeny (Choir/Chorus, Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, Mini Moog, Piano, Sounds, String Arrangements), Stephen McCartney (Choir/Chorus, Vocals), Colm McClean (Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Johnny McDaid (Choir/Chorus, Lap Steel Guitar), Craig Milton (Banjo), Bonnie Raitt (Vocals), Ed Sheeran (Vocals) and Joanne Vance (Choir/Chorus, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Foy’s ‘Joy of Nothing’ and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul - Qobuz 24/44
I’m a bit late to the party, this is my first listen, all the praise here is justified. She’s got a great voice, and interprets brilliantly. A well chosen set of torch songs played superbly by a top-notch band and sung by a singer who can wrench your heart with a single line. Great music.

17 Likes

Stevie Wonder | The Definitive Collection | 2002
Great stuff on here from the man and probably going to play most of this double album.

14 Likes

22 Likes

The Duke’s tunes rendered with Gallic élan. On CD.

4 Likes

Ron Sexsmith - Blue Boy

.sjb

4 Likes

Wo-oh for Romeo, sitting all on his ownio.
Don’t lyrics like that make you wanna ………boogie!

.sjb

2 Likes

Mary Coughlan - Live & Kicking - WAV CD rip
Blues/jazz/rock torch singer captured live in concert, great high energy playing from the band, a set of fine songs and powerful vocals. Great live album, I’m seeing her in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

5 Likes

ELO, Out Of The Blue. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

18 Likes

Stabbing Westward.

3 Likes

Gayle Moran - I loved you then… I love you now.

Gayle is (or was now) Mrs Chick Corea.

A review said ‘Helen Reddy meets Liberace with ghastly results’ but I’m quite enjoying it.

2 Likes

Conversation Peace - Damu The Fudgemunk

2 Likes

Yes, her with the lantern jaw.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor pre groove jet.
Not bad actually.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s arrival:

8 Likes

David gilmour on an island

18 Likes

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple.

6 Likes

Eliza Carthy - Rough Music.

9 Likes

My recent house move unearthed some “lost” 12” singles.

The pre-Paul’s Boutique Love American Style EP by Beastie Boys

3 Likes

Lou Reed - The Blue Mask - 24/96 WAV download
Classic Lou, some tender songs balanced with some terrifying thrash numbers, great songs, and coruscating guitar interplay between Reed and Quine.

12 Likes