What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. Ultra long work day. Need to celebrate. This one comes to mind. :blush:

17 Likes

Struck for something to listen to decided to try the Qobuz My Weekly playlist.

Got as far as the 3rd track and the song My Bones made me prick my ears up and divert from the playlist to listening to the full album

The Pretty Reckless - Death by Rock and Roll

Death by Rock and Roll has been mainly been described as hard rock,[15][16][17] alternative rock,[16] and grunge.[17][18] In describing the album, Good Call Live stated, “from heavy grunge-laden riffs to classic rock hooks, from theatrical rock to an almost country rockelement this album has the band wearing their hearts on their sleeves.”
Reminds me in places of Skunk Anansie

6 Likes

Grant Green: Idle Moments on vinyl, had a heart attack last month so having lots of idle moments.

7 Likes

Blink 182 - Enema of the State.

5 Likes

The Carpenters, now & then. One of if not the fav Carpenters album where Karen Carpenter is credited to playing the drums in the album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

David, I think you may like this album :relaxed:
Rita Coolidge - Anytime…Anywhere.

8 Likes

Sum 41 - Chuck.

1 Like

Ugly Kid Joe - America’s Least Wanted.

3 Likes

Velvet Underground ( Tidal Master)

Turned on to the VU somewhat belatedly on this thread a while back by @steviebee and prompted again by @anon10403888 following my post of Gomez yesterday

20211014_145436
:heart:

13 Likes

The Temptations. Compilation Vinyl. Some brilliant songs. Don’t see much Motown being played here.

11 Likes

13 Likes

Nirvana - In Utero.

9 Likes

Stray Cats - epon.

“I got cat class and I got cat style”.

7 Likes

Classic album. 2013 MOV version, sounds great

8 Likes

Weezer - The Blue Album.

6 Likes

John Lee Hooker - Chill Out.

One from the Master of Chill, and with a little help from his friends, Van, Carlos and Booker T, in 1995, it won traditional blues album of the year.

No’ bad fur a couple ay quid oaf yon Magpie thingy.

22 Likes

Spiffing!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oleta Adam’s - Circle Of One (Fontana LP 1990)

Her breakthrough album blending Pop,“R&B”, Soul and Jazz vocal styles, still sounding fine if perhaps somewhat of it’s time?

Disappointed to find the outer sleeve has been affected by mildew. Thankfully the vinyl still sounds fine.

:heart:

14 Likes

Elvis Presley, The Something For Everybody Sessions. Vinyl. Linn Sondek LP12.

6 Likes

Rancid - …And Out Come the Wolves.

2 Likes