What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

6 Likes

Have you heard the latest remaster? I was of the same view as you until I heard it. It really is refreshing.

1 Like

Blimey! This is one one of my favourite albums of last year but I’m a bit astonished to see it being given that treatment. I had thought it was one of those ‘under the radar’ albums but obviously not.

Unfortunately I believe it is not going to be released for general consumption.

1 Like

Sean Shibe and the Choir of King’s College London - Say it to the Still World.
A new release and taking into consideration his talent, I find this to be a rather strange combination: guitar and choral music? I’m afraid this did not resonate with me :pensive:

3 Likes

Dominik Wollenweber with the Berliner Philharmoniker conducted by Sir Simon Rattle - The Art of English Horn.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday to Richard Carpenter, a good excuse to play this today and hear the amazing guitar solo’s by Tony Peluso on my favourite song of theirs.

13 Likes

Fabio Biondi - Bach: Sonatas & Partitas.

4 Likes

Today’s the day!

The Beatles - Let It Be

21 Likes

Excellent Swedish Band playing 70’s Progressive rock…Baby
Agusa

6 Likes

Eva Cassidy, song bird. Still my fav Eva Cassidy album. Not the best album cover art maybe, but the songs and her singing is divine. :relaxed:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact several of her covers are family pics taken by friends or by her cousin. This one by her friend Elaine Stonebraker.

16 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen you post about her live Nightbird album. There are some real gems on this album :relaxed:

16 Likes

Various Artists - The Electric Revisited CD 3 - WAV CD rip
A brilliantly curated multi-CD set charting the progress of English folk-rock from the ‘60s pioneers through to today’s multi-influence bands. A really enjoyable listen with great artists and fine songs, and even for a long-term follower of the music some new discoveries.

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler- Tracker

18 Likes

The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

12 Likes

Eva Cassidy, imagine. Beautifully sung & my fav Eva Cassidy album cover, taken by her cousin Walter Wunderlick in Nova Scotia. :blush:

11 Likes

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

After 57 tracks from the remastered Let It Be set, I’m continuing with this, one of my fave fabs albums. This one on vinyl, which actually sounds rather good.

26 Likes

I used to subscribe to Jazzwise but havent for a while, I may unknowingly have read some of your reviews/articles
:heart:

1 Like

It’s on of @TheKevster records to die for! :grin:

4 Likes