What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’ll 2nd that, hope all is well.

3 Likes

A new track from Kingfish entitled Ghost from Christmas Past. Not your normal Xmas rubbish. He rips into this track. Due out 15th Nov

7 Likes

@anon37685938 I hope you are keeping well. I hope you have time to come and post in here again. You have been missed :relaxed:

1 Like

Daughter, Live from Air Studios. No naim involved , my trusty old Fiio X3 dap and More triple driver on ear cans (got the quad driver in ear ones too).

Beautiful music, brilliantly delivered.

5 Likes

Coal Chamber - Chamber Music.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Daughter - Live @ Air

Elena Tonra (Guitar, Vocals), James Noble (Bass Clarinet), Josh Lynch (Cello), Remi Aguilella (Drums), Kai-Li Yang (Flute, ALto Flute), Igor Haefeli (Guitar), Angelina Warburton (Harp), Tom Wood (Horn), Graham Proctor (Marimba, Glockenspiel), Delia Stevens (Vibraphone), Laurie Dempsey (Viola), Amy Welch (Violin) and Tory Clarkey (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/124)… a mention from @Adam1 above had me place in the queue and taking out for spin and have to agree, ‘beautiful music’ and Elena and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! A short album at five tracks and worth the time to give a listen…

5 Likes

Ministry - Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Daughter - Music From Before The Storm

Elena Tonra (Guitar, Vocals), Igor Haefeli (Guitar) and Remi Aguiella (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with another album from Daughter. This collection of songs was put together for a video game. First time listen and somewhat different…

4 Likes

Prong - Beg to Differ.

2 Likes

Another great Roon random extension selection

Definitely NOT Pop/Rock.

This album covers 77-87 so punk / new wave mainly. Peel was so much more, as likely to play an LP he picked up the previous week in a visit to Nairobi as the latest single release from a all girl band from East Picklesworh.

.sjb

11 Likes

CD - A&M Records this compilation 2000 : )

<<>>

Happy Birthday Richard Carpenter! :balloon: :birthday: :balloon:

born on 15th October 1946 at Grace-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut :us:

75 years old Today! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

20 Likes

Looks like I’m pulling an all-nighter…

22 Likes

I’m off to bed but I wish you a lovely all-nighter :relaxed:

4 Likes

I write reviews for, and am production editor of, Jazzwise magazine @Dreadatthecontrols - but I am also editor of an upscale fortnightly magazine of the performing arts ( eg classical, jazz, rock, ballet, opera, film, theatre and circus) called IAM. That’s why I get sent a lot of stuff…

1 Like

I have only time for one album as after 107 days of lockdown I’m finally able to meet up with some mates for few drinks. Like @TheKevster I’m off to the poolroom (an Aussie joke from an Aussie movie) to listen the Remastered Let it Be album. Happy days.

20 Likes

That’s a terrific playlist
Good to see the Ruts make the list

2 Likes

And now for something completely different

(Another Roon random album extension selection)

.sjb

8 Likes

If you like their stuff then couple more albums to explore, fantastic band in my opinion and also check out Ex:Re, solo effort from the lead singer.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I have that 7” single. Great stuff.

1 Like