What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie - The Best of Bowie, a K-Tel label compilation from 1980. Only recently bought as a bit of a curiosity, and I’m pleasantly surprised. A well judged collection of songs and a (surprisingly) good pressing too with no surface noise at all, although the originals sound better (unsurprisingly). This so called budget 80s pressing is anything but when compared to a couple of new releases I’ve had to return. An unexpected little gem of a record when a quick blast of The Dame’s finest is needed.

12 Likes

Listening to the fabulous mono box set version. So good!

19 Likes

Folder

8 Likes

1st run, bought her full collection, quite nice…

5 Likes

I think the cover is outstanding - Raspail’s tomb at Pere Lachaise well worth a visit you can swing by and visit Jim Morrison on the way.

1 Like

Natalie Merchant, Paradise is there: the new tigerlily recordings. Lovely album to start the day and week down under. :blush:

14 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

15 Likes

I don’t know this album that well, but do know Rifle Range which was a B-side to some Blondie 7" single - what a superb track.

23 Likes

I love this album so much I have several copies of it. I am so ocd. :joy:

Rickie Lee Jones - The Sermon On Exposition Boulevard.

10 Likes

One of my absolute favourite albums. 2018 job. Sounds cool. Never get tired of the eclectic songs and fabulous arrangements that make this album a genuine classic

21 Likes

Blondie, bite size. Awesome suggestion! I am going to join you sir! Picking up the pace after Natalie Merchant. :blush:

6 Likes

61wMj-0EqNL.SS500
Van Morrison - Beautiful Vision.

21 Likes

Light in The Attic’s fantastic vinyl reissue of this Lee Hazlewood-produced/helmed classic:

13 Likes

Is that a playlist or an album???

Lacuna Coil - Karmacode.
Contains a cover of Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode :relaxed:

2 Likes

Great album, but may have preferred Comalies.

Great album, but try and track down the remastered “red cover” version.

You won’t be sorry.

1 Like

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

I am playing on tidal. It’s an EP. :wink:

Released: 2007-01-01
Tracks: 5
Length: 20m41s
Record label: Parlophone, Capitol