What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns.
Blistering guitars riffs :relaxed:

2 Likes

Virginia Astley. Hope in a darkened heart.

Well, we can all live in hope.

6 Likes

Am in no way an expert when it comes to jazz but it sounds pretty good to my ears.
Don’t have the Blue Note version to compare either, is it mono or stereo?

1 Like

Playing this to listen to, rather than (I admit it, lol) to see how far away the dog is or how near the old soldier…

Bit of a Curate’s Egg…good in spots, but he does go on a bit, doesn’t he. Not at all sure Roger sans Floyd is my cuppa tea.

11 Likes

James Taylor - Before This World

15 Likes

Now there was a super album.

1 Like

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake.
Raspiness convenes with syncopated rhythms :relaxed:

1 Like

Just reading @anon23112058’s death metal stuff made we want a nice lie down, so I put a bit of Snorah on.

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Possibly a bit too laid back so I have upped the tempo with some high energy blues from these chaps.

Altered Five Blues Band - Holler If You Hear Me

WE HEAR YOU MATE!

11 Likes

I hope you enjoy your nap :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve been listening to Weezer’s first (‘Blue’) album a couple of times this afternoon, and have surprised myself by coming to the (rather startling) conclusion that it may just be the best album ever made.

Have a listen!

Graham

2 Likes

A few of you have posted this, so I thought I’d better check it out. SO GLAD I DID!

20 Likes

Wide awake now Altered Five are shakin’ their stuff!

If you like some charging blues, I highly recommend them.

1 Like

I have a few Blue Note copies, none of them original pressings, I think mine are all Stereo the best of which is the Music Matters edition.

I’m no expert either. There used to be a lot of debate about BN Mono & Stereo, there was a point I believe from the latter part of the 1950’s where it was all recorded Stereo and folded down to Mono, Rudy Van Gelder also used his own mastering process he called the 50/50 system.

This is a very good article if it interests you

:heart:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Binker & Moses - Dem Ones (Gearbox LP 2015)

Continuing on a bit of a UK Jazz vibe…
A perhaps unusual setting of just Sax (Moses Boyd) and Drums (Binker Golding), makes for a great improvised setting and at times a marvelous rumpus!

Recorded and cut pure analogue at Gearbox records

One of the first records along with Sons Of Kemets first two albums on the Naim label to make me aware of the so called Jazz Re:Freshed movement of young British “Jazz” talent.
As great as much of this “new” Jazz is, labels like Jazz In Britain, Jazzman and the Decca British Jazz Explosion re issues of some vintage UK Jazz from the sixties and seventies has also served to make me realise that some of this “new” thang arguably ain’t so fresh after all!
Great stuff nonetheless!

:heart:

2 Likes

200, 250, 300?

2 Likes

None of the above. He’s got a 500 :relaxed:

1 Like

Willie Nelson, Heroes. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

9 Likes

I wish!

250DR…

Thank you @Dreadatthecontrols :+1:t3: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like