What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now I understand why you’re always playing the Blues :relaxed:

2 Likes

Mizzly old ARVO need something to brighten the day up. What better than Tony Allen Lagos No Shaking on CD. Afrobeat at its best - delicately balanced between laid-back and urgent, skittering polyrhythms and ferocious grooves.

3 Likes

Kamelot - The Black Halo.
Similar to DragonForce and Rhapsody but not as dramatic :relaxed:

4 Likes

Yes, and the wife just left me and the dog has died….

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that but at least you can now listen to whatever music you like and as loud as you like without any complaints :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yola - Stand For Myself

Fine songstress, and used to lead Phantom Limb.

This is a slightly disappointing album and Yolanda seems be holding back, as I know she has a powerful voice and can really belt them out. Possibly suffering from some so-so material.

Still, a pleasant listen.

5 Likes

Taj Mahal - The Natch’l Blues

16 Likes

Bob Dylan, New Morning. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb 2.

9 Likes

Have spent many a happy hour wandering around there as my sister used to live in Paris. Good reason to go back and find this one, thanks for telling me it was there I didn’t know.

1 Like

I do like a good C&W opening lyric.

2 Likes

From the fab Bureau B label vinyl box set, the second album:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Ooh…hope I do too. Just ordered it.

Sons Of Kemet - Burn (Naim Jazz LP 2013)

The aforementioned Sons Of Kemet debut LP from Naim. As a committed lover of JA music and Reggae SOK’s interpretation of The Melodians - Rivers Of Babylon that closes the album really pricked my ears at the time.

What started out as a very different, original and dare I say it fresh sounding group, now four albums in I found their last critically hyped album (Black To The Future) a bit of a yawn to be honest. Strong messages of course, not taking anything away from that, otherwise the same as before albeit a bit noisier, musically bombastic ( there is a musicality and subtlety missing from the last two albums ) and treading water.

I recommend hearing this and the follow up on Naim Jazz - Lest We Forget What We Came Here To Do before diving in to either of the latter albums ( Your Queen Is A Reptile & Black To The Future)

See if you agree, or maybe its just me

:heart:

7 Likes

Heard a great one the other day:

‘Woke up this mornin’ and she was three States away…. ‘

2 Likes

Kev - article/interview in today’s Grauniad. I doubt dog food is obligatory for just listening tho!

3 Likes

David Gray - Skellig

Having the first proper listen to this.

So far, so good…

9 Likes

Now playing…

FINK - IIUII (It Isn’t Until It Is)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with another spin of Fink’s ‘IIUII’ released this past August and he is sounding sublime! A nice interview with FINK at ‘QUIP’ online. A lovely way to start the week…

9 Likes

Anathema | A Fine Day To Exit | 2001
Because it’s twenty years ago with this album that Anathema shrugged off their heavy metal shackles and started making some fine alt’, prog and straight rock music.

5 Likes

Hugh Masakela - Waiting For The Rain.

5 Likes