What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Where can I get details of the tour, would love to see them both!

I have found details of a 2022 tour, is that it?

Go to his own site,it will direct you to the tour details.There’s still plenty of tickets available .

1 Like

Better not fess up to chillin’ with Madame A after the earlier furore so going for the next best thing Krautrock off of the Faust disco album Vier on ridiculously wobbly Virgin vinyl - I thought the clamp was going to fold it in half!

3 Likes

Think this is in the running for my album of the year… there is something about it that ticks most boxes.

8 Likes

Looking forward to giving this a spin!

4 Likes

Eurythmics - Be Yourself Tonight.

15 Likes

Chick Corea and John McLaughlin in HMV Tokyo.

I was led to this by YouTube suggestions after watching some Rick Beato videos following Geoff’s recommendations above. Corea’s playing is out of this world.

3 Likes

Pearl Charles - Magic Mirror. A lot of good stuff on this, if you like 70s style Californian rock.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Moving On

Foy Vance - Muscle Shoals

Foy Vance (Vocals), Vinnie Ciesielski (Trumpet), Heath Fogg (Electric Guitar), Jeremy Gibson (Drums), Brad Guin (Tenor Saxophone), Steve Herrmann (Trumpet), David Hood (Bass, Bass Guitar), Shanay Johnson (Vocals), Karita Law (Vocals), Marie Lewey (Vocals), Doug Moffet (Baritone Saxophone), Spooner Oldham (Keyboards, Wurlitzer), Charles Rose (Horn Arrangements, Trombone), Tyler Summers (Baritone Saxophone), Ben Tanner (Organ) and Cindy Walker (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with a cup of coffee with an apple and muffin and some fine tunes from Foy and he and the band are sounding sublime! …definitely have the toes tapping first thing this morning,

6 Likes

Foy Vance | Signs of Life | 2021
Joining @NigelB and @Deeg in this fine new one from the man.

6 Likes

Santana - Inner Secrets, on an 80s reissue.

16 Likes

I haven’t listened toi this in years…

22 Likes

Veronique Sanson or as she was Mrs Stephen Stills

5 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - To Memphis

Foy Vance (Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Ken Coomer (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Alan Ford (Pedal Steel Guitar), Richard Ford (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Vocals), Al Gamble (Keyboards, Vocals), Michael Graber (Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Susan Marshall (Vocals), Jessie Munson (Fiddle, Vocals), Reba Russell (Vocals), Will Sexton (Electric Guitar, Vocals), and Dave Smith (Bass, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this Tuesday morning with Foy’s ‘To Memphis’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Cyndi Lauper - She’s So Unusual.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Congratulations @anon23112058 you have managed to cut and paste 15 album covers and wiki facts so far today, is this a new record for you? There are a few hours left in the day to cut and paste loads more.

1 Like

Tyrannosaurus rex. Prophets seers and sages.
Second album from Marc and Steve.
Magical period. For me anyway.

15 Likes

To be honest, I haven’t been counting but rather enjoying lots of music but I am more than happy for you to count on my behalf :relaxed:

<<>>

Peter Tosh was born on this day in 1944 :jamaica:

Peter Tosh 19th October 1944 – 11th September 1987

19 Likes