What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

15 Likes

Dead or Alive - Youthquake.

1 Like

Foy Vance - Signs Of Life

Foy in fine form.

Though, not sure where he is going with the new dress sense!

Bizzarly, I just checked the album details for this and it says produced by Gareth Dunlop - surely not the same chap who’s album (No. 79) I just posted above?

10 Likes

Joining @Dreadatthecontrols and @GeoffC in a bit of the old Tubster…

5 Likes

Alfred Brendel - Beethoven Hammerklavier Sonata and Op. 109 - WAV CD rip
Solo piano works of immense power. The Hammerklavier has movements of turmoil and conflict surrounding a slow movement of beautiful sadness, Op. 109 ends in a movement of profound beauty and peace. This recording brings out all of the incredible emotions for me.

6 Likes

I’m probably just being lazy but when given the easy option of accessing some information about an album I am more inclined to pursue it. Yes, I could ‘Google’ myself but this takes a bit of effort. I don’t really see an issue with Satori providing the option , that’s all…

1 Like

Sorry, I was enquiring about what ‘information link’ are you using to access album information?

4 Likes

It was in reply to a posting a bit further up the thread by Geoff C decrying Satori’s addition of a link to Wikipedia when posting.

I so wish I’d been able to watch that video when I was working out that solo as a young lad at school. Then it was play, rewind, play, rewind, play, rewind etc. until my parents were yelling at me to move on to the next bar!

1 Like

I actually think those Wikipedia album links are quite handy as it gives some idea about the genre and artist the album is associated with. I was trying to work out how you copy and paste those snippets from Wikipedia.

I guess I am being a bit dim, maybe @anon23112058 or @Svetty can advise.

BTW, I still like to read what the poster thinks of the album they are posting.

2 Likes

Simply go to the page in Wikipedia and copy the link shown in the address, then paste it in your post :relaxed:

2 Likes

I said…

3 Likes

Agreed Geoff, didn’t mean to stir a hornets nest.

Have a great evening.

1 Like

Bill Callahan - 2011 Apocalypse

Because I like Bill and his music. Perhaps because I do not know him personally.

6 Likes

Culture Club - Colour by Numbers.

10 Likes

Indeed it is,he’s also supporting Foy on his forthcoming tour .

1 Like

Thanks @Lorro1.

That is a bit spooky as I posted these two gentlemen randomly, entirely unaware of the association between them.

I saw Gareth Dunlop support Duke Special a few years ago in Shrewsbury,he stole the show that night. I’ve got tickets for York to see Foy and Gareth on the tour,can only imagine it will be a great night!

St Germain Tourist / 2000 Blue Note / France 2 x CD Edition / 724353367107

Time to chill with these fine discs.

13 Likes