What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kate Bush - The Red Shoes - WAV CD rip
Not perhaps her most coherent album, but it has some wonderful songs sung superbly by Kate with some excellent musicians.

19 Likes

Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric’s.
For those that are unfamiliar with this band, Alison Moyet is on vocals :relaxed:

12 Likes

81xf1CPD01L.SS500
Seal - Soul, a covers album of soul classics.

12 Likes

I watched this earlier, I gotta say it caught me by surprise, pretty emotional X’)

Worth a watch to see Rick talk and play the track through. Also worth a listen to the actual track! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pearl Charles, sleepless dreamer. Can’t believe she is born in the 90’s. So refreshing in a nostalgic kind of way. Nice. Thanks @Neil-26 ! :pray:

Done Magic Mirror, now listening to her debut full length album Sleepless Dreamer. :relaxed:

4 Likes

John Fogerty, The Blue Ridge Rangers Ride Again, Qobuz. Streaming.

5 Likes

Richard Thompson - Celtschmerz - WAV CD rip
I’m seeing RT in London in a couple of weeks, so just having a listen to a 20-odd year old live album (on a rip of the 2010 reissue). Largely solo Thompson, some duets with his son Teddy. A catalogue of great folk rock songs sung with deep feeling, played by one of the great acoustic guitarists, wonderful music. This tour missed out London I think, I’m pretty sure I had to travel to the gig.

7 Likes

Been a while since I listened to Blixa and co. Strategies Against Architecture – original vinyl pressing.

4 Likes

Roxette - Look Sharp.
Fredriksson (RIP) and Gessle could be considered the epitome of catchy choruses and some really memorable songs. “Look Sharp”, “Dressed for Success” and “Listen to Your Heart” are perhaps the standout tracks, but considering a desert island situation, all of them may grow on you (should you wish to be transported back to the 80s) :relaxed:

3 Likes

McCoy Tyner - Expansions
Sparks - A Steady Drip Drip Drip

Vinyl.

3 Likes

Suzanne Vega, solitude standing. :relaxed:

21 Likes

2 Likes

71r9qAxzNeL.SS500
Clare Teal - Paradisi Carousel, a recommendation from a friendly forum member, a year or so ago :wave:

5 Likes

Just Finished…

Foy Vance - Hope in The Highlands: Recorded Live From Dunvarlich

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… completed today’s exercise routine with Foy and this album released in December 2020… and Foy is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Richard Thompson - Live From London - 16/44 WAV download
More live Thompson, this time a recent recording with a release from some streamed gigs he did during lockdown in 2020. Mainly songs from Fairport and Richard & Linda eras, so classics of folk rock, sung and played by the man who penned most of them, with some of the most sensitive, beautiful and brilliant acoustic guitar work you can hear. Backing vocals on some by his partner Zara Phillips.

12 Likes

Now playing…

India.Aire - Acoustic Soul

India.Arie (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion, Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this very fine album from India.Aire and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

10 Likes

Phil Collins - Face Value.
For those not familiar with the film Risky Business, I would encourage you to watch it and feel it “In the Air Tonight” :relaxed:

14 Likes

5 Likes

Since my posting the Adele album started this I thought I might add why I played her. I’m not a huge fan, don’t mind the first album but the rest are pretty much the same album, kind of like Coldplay or AC/DC for me. I played it because Mrs Pete likes it, I love music and always welcome the opportunity to share it and that sometimes means compromising. That really shouldn’t offend anyone, thanks for your support.

9 Likes

Jimmy Smith Plays Fats Waller.

8 Likes