What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Matchbox Twenty - Yourself or Someone Like You.

2 Likes

Might get to play some music later! What a day, been rodding the drains, swear I’ll never be able to look at a bowl of weetabix ever again! Spent hours trying to install an Apple TV, pile of crap!
Internets f*cked up and then washing machine blew up!
Keep wandering through the lounge to an empty rotating platter…grrrrrrrr! What a fekkin day!

evil-gremlin_gremlins_square

:rofl:

2 Likes

Did you fall into the drain? Looks as though you’ve had an adverse reaction to water :relaxed:

1 Like

Personally I have never cared what other people thought of my musical taste. I like what I like.

4 Likes

Debs, thought I wouldn’t mention the fact that it would have been his 71st Birthday today, when I posted the movie info as I thought you would be referencing it today. The documentary looks very interesting - will try to get to see it in the next week or so. Meantime in celebration of the man and his great music I will give this a spin…

15 Likes

16 Likes

16 Likes

Folder

22 Likes

Sixpence None the Richer.
Contains a cover of “There She Goes” by The La’s.

3 Likes

Thelonious Monk - It’s Monk Time
Art Blakey - The Witchdoctor
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum
Deep Purple - Machine Head

All vinyl.

8 Likes

Norah Jones - Classic Jones

10 Likes

John McLaughlin - Liberation Time

I’ve been listening to this a lot recently. I haven’t purchased it yet, but have been listening on Qobuz.

Recorded last year during lockdown.

John McLaughlin (Guitar, Guitar synth, Piano)
Roger Rossignol (Piano)
Ranjit Barot (Drums, Konokol)
Jean Michel Aublette (Drums,Bass)
Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums)
Nicolas Viccaro(Drums)
Julian Siegel (Tenor Sax)
Etienne MBappe(Bass)
Gary Husband (Drums, Piano)
Sam Burgess (Bass)
Jerome Regard (Bass)
Oz Ezzeldin (Piano)

10 Likes

17 Likes

18 Likes

Train - Save Me, San Francisco.

2 Likes

'71 version here. Had a more sober label.

5 Likes

First up…Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart

Guaranteed to ease your mind…

Next up…Mary Chapin Carpenter - Time * Sex * Love

Admittedly not her best, but sometimes it is nice to withdraw from active listening and have something nice tinkling in the background - no offence Mary!

12 Likes

Apple TV box smashed to bits with a hammer, now in the bin! Finally got my tinternet back on, washing machine “engineer” booked, Southern Water sorted the blockage so I’ve finally been able to have a shower and long overdue tom tit!

Now where was I?..Oh yes…

Clark Terry Quintet - Serenade To A Bus Seat (Keepnews Collection Tidal)

1957 Riverside recording, the year prior to In Orbit which I just about listened to earlier. Clark Terry still on Trumpet here with another superb line up of Johnny Griffin, Wyn Kelly, Paul Chambers & Philly Joe Jones

And exhale…aaaaaaah
:grin:

3 Likes

Mary Black - No Frontiers

Still in ‘let the music wash over me’ mode, and this is doing a fine job of that.

16 Likes

Blue Note Tone Poet. Fancied a bit of swelling organ, hyuk hyuk hyuk…

10 Likes