What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Elvis Presley. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

14 Likes

The War on drugs. Lost in the dream.
Looks a bit Monday morning out there. This should liven things up.

19 Likes

Qobuz catalogues vary by region. Where do you live?

Of course, its Wales! :grin:

1 Like

Bob Dylan, the freewheeling’ Bob Dylan. :blush:

20 Likes

Steely Dan Everything Must Go / 2003 Warner / Japan Promo CD / WPCR 11530

13 Likes

Great to hear you enjoyed it.

The lead actor Arinze Kene was interviewed about the show by David Rodigan on his programme week before last.
He said it’s not intended to be a “greatest hits” show, they tried to strike the right balance between appealing to those who would just want to hear the music and telling Bob’s life story (not sure who’s version though).

Btw Get Up Stand Up I believe was written by Peter Tosh
:heart:

2 Likes

The album cover that inspired The Clash…

21 Likes

81VBq65yxqL.SS500
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak, “tonight, there’s gonna be trouble!”.

23 Likes

Heavenly Sweetness Ethiopiques series is well worth checking, must be over 30 volumes now…

This is a good introduction

3 Likes

Brilliant! And @NigelB
I see that’s the Hip-O Select version which if it equals the Hip-O CD msstering is superb.
Super Eight is the original Black Art Jamaican issue but is likely mastered from an original LP, like most non Island Records material from this time, tapes do not exist due to Lee Perry destroying them and his Black Ark Studio by burning it down.
To Be A Lover is the version of the album Lee Perry gave to Island, I prefer this version of the album and as it likely comes from Islands tape has better SQ. (Perry’s productions aren’t likely to appeal to “audiophiles” in any case, his priorities were somewhere else)
To Be A Lover is an often criminally overlooked album from the period which brought other classics like Super Ape, Junior Murvins Police & Thieves and Max Romeo War In A Babylon.

Hope you like it…

Well done Qobuz (edit: or not if your outside US as it seems)

4 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols, are you seeing ‘To Be A Lover’ on Qobuz?

I couldn’t see it either?

Sorry, no I was responding to the post by @arvind
I’m not currently using Qobuz, I’m using Tidal but they dont seem to have To Be A Lover, only Super Eight.
(Btw @crispyduck @NigelB if you do the black stuff Music On Vinyl recently re issued it)

1 Like

Quincy Jones - The Dude (A&M LP)

Prompted by @AlanP had me reach for my dog eared LP, the plastic still sounds superb though

8 Likes

81bTpxuv3mL.SS500
Simply Red - Picture Book, their first and best, imo.

22 Likes

Nanci Griffith, the last of the true believers. :relaxed:

8 Likes

0df993665f934ae3a8f946d5924442de.png

71mPhlhZhtL.SS500

Both there on Tidal, well, in UK, anyway. :+1:

4 Likes

Yes Super Eight, but NOT To Be A Lover which imo is the better version of the album as explained earlier :+1:

1 Like

Diane Birch, the velveteen age. :relaxed:

6 Likes