What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Their Caught In The Act album remains one of my favourite live albums, played it to death at the time a super band live…

1 Like

The Who - By Numbers.

15 Likes

Gorgeous sunset requires some celestial music. Step forward the man from Saturn - Sun Ra and his Arkestra I Roam the Cosmos. Magnificent bonkers big band with intoned voices recorded live at Slugs NY. On ArtYard vinyl.

7 Likes

2 Likes

cover
Ben Watt

2 Likes

Don’t do vinyl anymore. Sold a Linn and Ittok I got from Ivor for £100 to a friend.

1 Like

I’ll check it out, cheers :+1:
Couldnt see it on Tidal, quite a few other Live albums though

1 Like

Lissie - When I’m Alone: The Piano Retrospective

Billie Marten - Writing Of Blues And Yellows

Fancied some gentle female vocals to relax to. I just love the sparse arrangements on these two albums that just lets these gals’ lovely voices shine through.

6 Likes

cover
The 16 cd set.

3 Likes

That’s you sorted for the next day or so @ewemon :smiley:

Steve Gibbons Band | Caught in the Act Live | 1977
Earlier chat about the SGB whet my appetite to play this one again, it’s been a while and it was a great live gig, one of my favourites. I’ve always enjoyed the way they slowly cranked it up track by track… Fine old rock with some roll.

5 Likes

Couldnt find that one either :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols if you go to discogs you can pick up a vinyl of Caught in the Act for £7.49 inc delivery. Can’t recommend it highly enough. Cheers

Steve Gibbons Band - Caught In The Act (All Versions) For Sale at Discogs Marketplace

1 Like

Stan Getz with Cal Tjader (OJC/Fantasy LP)

1958 session of so called “cool” Jazz with Vibroffonist Cal Tjader and super support from Vince Guiraldi, Billy Higgins and Scott LaFaro, I think this might also be the first small group recording of Scott before joining Bill Evan’s (corrections welcome please)

:heart:

9 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - Some places are forever afternoon.

Wayne Horvitz (piano, Hammond B3, electronics), Ron Miles (cornet), Peggy Lee (cello), Sara Schoenbeck (bassoon), Timothy Young (guitar), Keith Lowe (bass) and Eric Eagle (drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with Wayne and this fine group of musicians. It has been a couple of years since I last gave this a listen and the music is sounding mighty fine!

Wayne wrote 11 compositions based on the works of Northwest Poet Richard Hugo. I was fortunate to have seen the group perform twice at the time of the album release. I have a collection of Wayne’s albums and enjoy his music. This is a very enjoyable album! The album also contains a 28 page booklet with the poems and regional photographs. The poems can also be found in Richard Hugo’s book.

6 Likes

First listen and good so far. Not surprising given the stellar lineup.

12 Likes

Not listened to this one for a while - still love it !!!
The title track is wonderful, so are quite a few of the others

Erik Truffaz (t)
Ed Harcourt (voc)
Marc Erbetta (Per)
Marcello Giuliani (g)
Patrick Muller (p)

5 Likes

Had a first round of this one during work. What I got so far looked like a pretty good album, while at the beginning some typical Dream Theater cliches are used. Especially the last long song is interesting to me, will give it some more spins for sure……

5 Likes

I think this is a pretty good one @BertBird, typical Dream Theater but non the worse for that.

1 Like

I will have a butchers…

1 Like