What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now getting into this one. Recording is to me a bit average with a too prominent drums mixing and the other instruments too far backward. Musically it seems interesting enough though.

8 Likes

Yes I think you are right, while secretly I am still dreaming of a Metropolis Scenes of a Memory 3, but I guess it’s an illusion that they will ever create such a masterpiece again. Unless if by miracle Portnoy returns back and there would be a new urge to proof it all.

1 Like

5 Likes

Supercat - Si Boops Deh (Techniques LP mid eighties)

Some cranked up mid eighties Dancehall…

Boops is Jamaican patois for a sugar daddy and was a massive hit on the sound systems. Entertaining album with a mix of the hilarious - Learning To Drive, Experienced Lover, reality - Cry Fi De Youth, Rasta themes -Jah Bible, Dance Hall Cuture - Trash And Ready etc

:heart:

5 Likes

This is absolutely brilliant… Hard to accept that these are songs recorded 70 (seventy) years ago…
Technically it’s a gem, artistically as well … :relaxed:
Impex 2020 reissue

10 Likes

Hawkwind | Warrior On The Edge Of Time | 1975
Just in the mood for these boys.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Faust - Edinburgh 1997

Because I would like to know if this is for me.

3 Likes

Chicago. Saw them live in 1970. Brilliant.
I’ve got the vinyl and the 4cd set at Carnegie hall.
Not seen the 16 cd set. Would appreciate your thoughts.

ZZ Top - Degüello.

9 Likes

18 Likes

Just recently downloaded, 1st run…

4 Likes

Chris Stapleton - From a Room Vol. 1 - WAV CD rip
Top-notch country rock, intelligent emotional songs, sung so well, fine playing.

13 Likes

7189qp5fLvL.SS500
The Steve Miller Band - Bingo!, an album of blues covers, with an abundance of his tasteful guitar.

13 Likes

This one doesn’t seem to be available for streaming.
Found a whole bunch of others on Apple Music (USA). No luck on Qobuz.

2 Likes

Goat - Headsoup, on translucent green vinyl. An interesting album, featuring B sides & remixes. Knew very little about the band prior, but my local record store were playing a track when I was there and really liked it, so took a risk and plunged for the album unheard - just like the pre streaming days! A few plays in now and I love it, so I’ll be investigating their studio album back catalogue in time.

3 Likes

Hawkwind - The Business Trip - WAV CD rip
Early ‘90s incarnation of the band as a power trio, recorded live (although I believe a few tracks were studio recordings). Not their glory years, but still a very fine live act, powerful drum-work, driving bass lines and great power guitar from Dave Brock, with swirling electronic sounds taking it from hard rock to a different place, it’s space rock in all its weird glory. Some fascinating reworking of earlier numbers, quark… is only recognisable by the lyrics. By this time I’d stopped buying their studio work, but often caught them on tour because they were still a potent live act.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Scary - Tidal said I’d like this and I do. From that hot bed of jazz - Austria - comes Shake Stew alive. To Oompah bands what Hackney Colliery Band are to Brass Bands. Lovely stuff and who couldn’t resist a live recording from jazzclub unterfahrt!

3 Likes

61wAtfDIICL.SS500
The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang, their most recent self-penned album to date, will we see another?

12 Likes