What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Almost, here anyway.

Razor’s Edge

What a brilliant song that one is

1 Like

It is isn’t. Everyone seems to favour Solid Rock but Razors Edge is my fav.

Yep mine too

You’re not alone. Ken Kessler has it as album choice in the current HFN & RR.

1 Like

Now playing-

13 Likes

Yes Fragile / 2003 Elektra / Germany CD / 8122737892 / Bonus track edition - America + Roundabout (Early Rough Mix)

Following the excellent selections of @ditton66 by starting my day with this classic release.

17 Likes

Lissie, when I’m alone: the piano retrospective. Thank you @NigelB . :+1:

4 Likes

Nigel Kennedy. Vivaldi. Vinyl.

"The Four Seasons was the first time that a classical artist had been given the full pop marketing treatment. There was a promotional ‘single’, billboard posters, TV and radio commercials. But there was more to this phenomenon than marketing - Kennedy is a brilliant violinist and performer.

His full throttle version of Vivaldi sold more than three million copies worldwide, held onto the No.1 spot in the classical chart for more than a year, and entered the record books as the best-selling classical recording ever."

R-5660551-1463185248-4430.jpeg

16 Likes

Lyle Mays Street Dreams / 1998 Warner Bros / US CD / 24 BIT Edition / 9472492

2 Likes

I love In Search Of Space, wish I still had the LP. Still sounds pretty good on Tidal :+1:

Steely Dan live, northeast corridor. Feel like a Steely Dan fix. :blush:

13 Likes

Processing: IMG_20211026_105719.jpg…

Chicago. Carnegie Hall Complete.
I bought 4 vinyl set in 1971 and later 4cd set.
Now listening on qobuz as part of my free month trial.
Covering 16 cds of music might take a bit of dipping in and out. Quite like what heard so far.

3 Likes

Cant stand that guy. I always remember back in the day his “reviewing” a Rega turntable. It wasnt a review at all just a prejudicial rant about how Rega, Linn, Naim were part of some conspiracy

1 Like

I’ll get my coat :worried:

Couldn’t find on Qobuz the album posted yesterday but but I stuck my finger on this one as a random selection
Glad I did, don’t know if it’s typical of their output but I do know I will be exploring them more.
Great suggestion @Dreadatthecontrols

Gogol Bordello - Pura Vida Conspiracy

2 Likes

Thanks.

Whatever else you listen to, make a beeline for Beethoven’s lovely Fourth Concerto with Boehm conducting and the Hammerklavier Sonata (where he might as well have two more pianists sitting beside him for the sheer volume of sound that he creates for his piano).

Graham

1 Like

Paul Young. Vinyl. Lots of cover versions, but very enjoyable stuff.

R-6826738-1434143026-2495.jpeg

7 Likes

Interesting subjective guide here

:heart: