What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Requiem and Commune are good listen as is their 2016 Live Ballroom Ritual double album. They certainly know how to party. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Birdy, young heart. Don’t have much time this morning for music because of early morning meetings. This one gets me started smoothly and quickly. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Natalie Merchant, paradise is there. A good one to move on to next even if time doesn’t allow me to finish it in one go. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Thanks Tony, added to my Discogs want list. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

61V5uAs0yFL.AC
Prince - The Gold Experience.

8 Likes

George Jones, A Picture Of Me. The King of Country Music :cowboy_hat_face::+1: Qobuz. Streaming.

2 Likes

Agreed. I only recently discovered that Heaven was a cover of a Talking Heads song. So interesting listening to the two versions back to back. Both great in their own ways.

1 Like

6 Likes

Buy it as a download as it is too expensive otherwise and only if you are a huge Chicago fan. The band are on fire but 16cd’s is far too much. SQ is ok for a live gig but haven’t played it on my main system yet

1 Like

Thanks ewemon. I think it’s one of those collections you just want to own but not necessarily play, if you know what I mean.

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - The Snowghost Sessions

Wayne Horvitz (Piano, Amplified Piano, Live Processing, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Hammond B-3, Nord Lead, TX-7, Mellotron), Geoff Harper (Contrabass) and Eric Eagle (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album which was released in October 2018 from Wayne and this trio is sounding sublime! A busy day with some chores, phone calls and long exercise routine. Now a late lunch and out into the wind and rain for a walk after the album is completed. Life is sweet…

4 Likes

Are you in the UK?

No, I reside in Seattle, WA USA. Greater Seattle averages about 37 inches of rain each year with heavier rain in the late fall to the early spring time frame. A beautiful area rain or shine… You can sail, seakayak and ride a bike year round since we have a pretty temperate climate. I moved here in the mid 90’s and fell in love with the Pacific Northwest and never left…

5 Likes

71vrJe6VGLL.SS500
Jimmy Smith - Off The Top, a later recording from '82, also features some nice guitar work from George Benson.

5 Likes

Just played it on my main system. Don’t buy it SQ is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ryan Adams Wednesdays

8 Likes

Goanna Spirit of Place

2 Likes

To start the day…

Daryl Hall & John Oates - 2008 The Singles

9 Likes

Not yet Wednesday!

1 Like